1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 13, 2011 11:21 AM by chakkarinen RSS

I purchased new modem/router combo now Slingbox can't be recognized on the network.

nwfincher

I had to get a new modem/router. Everything else was connected as before. I have been using this slingbox for a couple of years. Now with the new network the slingbox can't be recognized on the network. I downloaded from the software to reinstall. During the process to recognize the slingbox fails.

Any ideas?

• Re: I purchased new modem/router combo now Slingbox can't be recognized on the network.
          chakkarinen Apprentice

I would power down the SB, then try programming the router to assign static ip address 192.168.x.254 to your SB (you likely need the MAC ID printed on the bottom of your SB to do this -- and each router has slightly different instructions for programming static IP addresses -- see your router user manual, where "X" is the third set of digit(s) in your router's address.   After that, program the router to forward port 5001 to the static IP address you assigned to your SB.  Then reboot the router and power up the SB again, and hopefully you will be good to go.