2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2011 11:17 PM by evilbyte RSS

My sling box says it isn't connected to a network when the cable is live

LukeNYC

My slingbox says that it isn't connected to the internet/network .... i checked the hardwire going into the slingbox and it works fine.  The
      network light is off too ... is there someway to reset the box?

• Re: My sling box says it isn't connected to a network when the cable is live
          evilbyte

I am having the exact same issue.

I've purchased the PRO-HD in October and activated it on October 19.  I has been working fine.  Went on vacation, came back a few days ago and the box is not working.  I have tried a number of different ports and cables on my switch that I know work, as AppleTV, Xbox and Playstation have no issues connecting to the network and to the internet.  The PRO-HD, however is not connecting.  The network LED is not on either, just as the poster before me mentioned.

I disconneded the device and let it sit without power for a few hours. Upon turning it back on, the center orb has lit up and continues to be in that state. Still no network LED, and neither Windows, OSX or web-based players are able to connect to it.

Has there been some automated patch installed that bricked the device?

ib.