1 Reply Latest reply: May 1, 2010 12:00 AM by ArizonaSackbut RSS

Cannot connect

adrenaline72

I moved the tv to a different area so I had to disconect everything including my slingbox. When I reconnected we could only remotely acces one channel - and could not change it. My husband did the reset and now we cannot even connect to our slingbox. By using the reset, did he put everything back to factory settings, resulting in our password & other styored information being lost?

• Re: Cannot connect
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Adrenaline72,

By using the reset, did he put everything back to factory settings, resulting in our password & other styored information being lost?

BINGO.  Yes, treat it as if you just brought it home and opened the box.  You'll need to run setup from inside the same network the Slingbox is on and go through the initial configuration steps as if it were new.

If you got one channel but nothing else, you probably needed to rescan your channels again for the new location.  But since it's reset now, you'll have that opportunity when you run the set up.

One thing that won't change is your SlingID.  That stays the same even if you do a hard reset.

Hope this helps,

- Az