2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2011 2:47 PM by Fofo RSS

No Video?

smirch1

Greetings, I recently lost my video. Is it likely, that after 3 months of no problems, that  the HDMI copyright protection has kicked in ?

• Re: No Video?
          chakkarinen Apprentice

From what I have read in other forums, if you use HDMI cables anywhere in your setup with devices that can connect back to the Slingbox then you are always at risk of the HDCP taking effect be it immediately or after 3 months or after ????   The simplest workaround is to use component cables to deliver your HD video signals.

• Re: No Video?
            Apprentice

Hi smirch1,

Chakkarinen is right; some devices, like DVD players and digital set-top boxes, have copy-protection built in to their hardware. One copy-protection system that’s commonly used is HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection, also known as HD Content Protection). HDCP first detects that digital information is going through a digital connection, like HDMI. Then it interferes with information going through any other audio or video connection to any other device. You can find more information about this trouble here:

When I connect my set-top box to my TV with HDMI connections, I can't stream video at all using any version of SlingPlayer. Why?

Regards