6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2011 10:50 AM by saftsuse RSS

Remote for Viasat PVR Pace TDS 865 NV

saftsuse

Hi,Has anyone tried any remote that is compatible whit this receiver?

I have tried the custom remote for TDS 865 NSDX - No luck.

Tried the one for TDS 855 NV - No luck.

Tried the different Viasat remotes officially from Slingbox - no luck.

I tried remote.slingbox.com - No luck, I only got a message that said that my remote was not read correctly.
      I have checked that the IR is working with an LCD camera. They work, as the slingbox works great with my Canal Digital PVR receiver.

Regards,

Erik

• Re: Remote for Viasat PVR Pace TDS 865 NV
          alanrichey42 Master

I'm surprised the NSDX didn't work.  I am on holiday at the moment without access to my learning kit, but will be back at weekend and I will check it out.  Post a reminder if I forget.

saftsuse

Hi,

Can it be that my receiver uses a different khz frequency on the IR?

When I google for IR on this receiver, I found one guy that had a problem using regular IR extenders.

Regards,

Erik

alanrichey42 Master
                  Can it be that my receiver uses a different khz frequency on the IR?

No

Ok, I have checked and this box definately uses the same codes as the Pace TDS 855 NV.   I know you said you had tried that, but did you try the Custom Remote at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8013 ?   If you did then you didn't check the Readme file properly or you woiuld have never used the phrase "..doesn't work..".

So give that a try and make sure you check the Readme file properly.

saftsuse

Hi again.

I actually did read the txt file, and followed it the first time :-) (Guess I should not have used the phrase Doesn't Work)

And I did it again today, step by step with no luck.

I was just about to give it up, when I thought I should try to delete the V2010_RV file (for PAL versions) and leave only the V2010_PL (For NTSC versions) file in the SBAV folder.

And now it works :-)  Even though my Slingbox is a PAL version bought in Norway. Or at least it should be a PAL version :-)

It even works on my slingplayer App for iPhone :-)

So if anyone with the same problem googles up this thread, Try the above :-)

Thank you so much for the custom remote file, and for your help. :-)

PS I tried with both V2010 files there - not working (Or was I just unlucky with something else beeing wrong?)

I tried with only V2010_RV for Pal - not working

I tried with only V2010_PL for NTSC - Success!  This is working. :-)

Is there a possibility that I will run into problems leaving out the PAL file?

Regards, and thanks again...

Erik

alanrichey42 Master
                          I was just about to give it up, when I thought I should try to delete the V2010_RV file (for PAL versions) and leave only the V2010_PL (For NTSC versions) file in the SBAV folder.

And now it works :-)  Even though my Slingbox is a PAL version bought in Norway. Or at least it should be a PAL version :-)

That was why I always recommend putting both files in, as I found a number of people thought they had one version and actually had the other.

Actually it is no longer true that PL is for US boxes and RV for non-US boxes, Sling are now using the PL chipset on all their new boxes regardless of country of manufacturer.  The way to check is to look at the IR Blaster version in the Information Tab for the Slingbox.   4 is the non-US (PAL) version, 2 is the older US boxes and 5 is the newer boxes.

It even works on my slingplayer App for iPhone :-)

When you installed that remote you actually downloaded it to the Slingbox itself.  After that, ANY viewing system (Slingplayer, SlingCatcher, WebSlingPlayer, SlingPlayer Mobile,.,,) will use that remote.

Is there a possibility that I will run into problems leaving out the PAL file?

The BIN file is used ONLY during the setup routine when it is downloaded to the Slingbox.  Once that is complete, the file can be removed.

Cheers

Al