1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 11:07 AM by ranaleon RSS

help w/ newbie

trailblazur

hey all,

i've just recently heard about slingbox on the sports radio station and wanted to ask a couple of questions.

first, would it be possible to setup a slingbox at family's house in st. louis, where we're from, and stream it to our tv in orlando, where we live?

if so, what all equipment would i need to buy and how would i go about setting it up?

our family has dish network provider as well.

thanks in advance!!!

• Re: help w/ newbie
          Apprentice

Hi trailblazur,

I understand that you have some questions about the Slingbox and how it works.

The Slingbox is a network device that will allow you to send the home TV signal to the Internet. You will be able to get the remote connection using a supported device (computer, tablet or phone). The following links will allow you to get the information about the requirements on both ends and supported devices.

Tech Specs for the Slingbox SOLO

Tech Specs for the Slingbox PRO-HD

Finding your video source

first, would it be possible to setup a slingbox at family's house in st. louis, where we're from, and stream it to our tv in orlando, where we live?

Yes, since is the main goal for the Slingbox. It will allow you to get the remote connection to your supported A/V source (cable box, DVR or satellite receiver).

The following link will provide you with further details:

How does the Slingbox work?

if so, what all equipment would i need to buy and how would i go about setting it up?

our family has dish network provider as well.

The following link will allow you to get all the information about the items you need:

What you need for your Slingbox setup

Finally, this link will guide you with the steps to follow in order to kno how to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing, no matter which Slingbox model you get since the steps are the same:

Manual Setup

Regards