2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2011 11:39 AM by usaremy RSS

Remote Viewing via my Classic

Whit49

Up until recently I have had no problem signing on remotely to my Classic Slingbox.

Have a Solo and Classic on my account and home network.  When I try accessing my Classic remotely, I get a network dialogue box saying either not connected or network not operating.  I can quickly switch over to my Solo and have no problem viewing remotely.  I have checked the IP address and Port access settings and gone through remote viewing while at home on my intranet.  What is strange that I can access the Classic remotely from any computer at home via the Slingplayer, even on my iPhone, but when off the home WiFi, I get the same "Not Available".

Does anyone know why I can access my Classic while on the home network but not remotely?  By me upgrading continually my SlingPlayer online now cause my Classic to be not accessible?  When checking the Slingbox website, they say the Classic is no longer supported.  Can I download an older version of SlingPlayer, like on my wife's iPhone so I can access the Classic?  ANY SUGGESTIONS...............

• Re: Remote Viewing via my Classic
          Apprentice

Hi Whit49,

It seems that you are having some issues in order to get the remote connection to your Slingbox Classic.

First of all, the upgrade to the Slingbox SOLO has nothing to do with your Slingbox Classic issue. Since the Slingbox SOLO has already been successfully configured for Internet Viewing, I recommend you to reset the Slingbox Classic and make sure to use a different port number when adjusting the router settings.

The following link will provide you with the steps to follow through the whole process:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

Even though you are dealing with the Slingbox Classic, the instructions are the same to follow.

Manual Setup

Let us know how it works for you.

Regards

• Re: Remote Viewing via my Classic
            usaremy

....reading your issues with the CLASSIC, I have the same problems. Will let you know once I found the solution.  usaremy@yahoo.com