3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2011 10:19 PM by chakkarinen RSS

weak or no video detected ??

coolherre

Hi there my slingbox pro hd, has worked perfect.. but now im only getting sound an now video... it runs from 20-38 kbps and it used to be 7000 or so....

What has happened...

• Re: weak or no video detected ??
          smirch1

i was told by support that an HDMI cable running from the source you are streaming could be the culprit. Unfortunately, my box is in another state. Although, it seems a number of people have encountered this problem lately, I wonder if it isn`t something on Slingbox`s end.

coolherre

but if i shall connect the set top box to my slingbox then i only have the component solution and an hdmi from the set top box to the tv...

chakkarinen Apprentice

I have read on other posts that the use of an HDMI cable can trigger the High-Bandwidth Digital Copy Protection scheme that is now being built in to many cable boxes, HDTVs and similar devices.  If the protection scheme is triggered, then you will not be able to stream your signals.      I have read elsewhere that the solution is to power off your devices, remove the HDMI cables and replace with component cables, then reboot your devices.   You may also have to push the reset button on your SB.