7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2011 12:06 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

remote control Motorola vip1963

nl0pat2 Newbie

I am looking for a virtual remote control for Motorola VIP1963 dtv over ip box.

@alanrichey42 asked me to post a new thread regarding this matter.

If there is any info I can supply please post it and I will supply it.

Very much thanks in advance

Patrick

• Re: remote control Motorola vip1963
          alanrichey42 Master

I've checked this one out and unfortunately, like the VIP1903, it uses an IR protocol we cannot reproduce in a Custom Remote.   Unless you can use http://remotes.sling.com then only Sling themsleves can produce this remote so it's over to the support staff.

Sorry

Al

nl0pat2 Newbie

Update: I've acquired a Pro-HD slingbox and learned the remote via remotes.slingbox.com and it worked.

I am now interested in 2 things: how to get a new jacket for the RC, so it looks like the real one.

Second is how can I export this RC so I can share it with other folks looking for this RC.  Done that. Any folks interested please pm me. I've got a .lrz file for the Motorovola VIP-1963

alanrichey42 Master
                  Update: I've acquired a Pro-HD slingbox and learned the remote via remotes.slingbox.com and it worked.

Good to hear.

how to get a new jacket for the RC, so it looks like the real one.

As far as I know this has never been tried with an LRZ remote but it is worth a try.  https://community.sling.com/thread/8533?tstart=0  Be interested to hear how you get on.

Second is how can I export this RC so I can share it with other folks looking for this RC.  Done that. Any folks interested please pm me. I've got a .lrz file for the Motorovola VIP-1963

I wouldn't hold your breath.  I am not sure those files are transferable between boxes.   But I would be interetsed to see it just to confirm we can't build a configurable Remote.  Could you post it here ?

nl0pat2 Newbie

Hi Alan,

I've tried your thread and got it working! I managed to edit your default rc to a clone of my the box's rc using the slingplayer application for windows. Now I have a directory with the images and xml files and if I put it manually in the websling directory it even works while viewing from the website.

Too bad though my android tablet still shows the default rc. Am hoping to get this fixed soon.

Attached you will find the .lrz file. It would be akward if this file is not transferrable between boxes.

This file would work for Dutch ISP Telfort (a KPN brand).