1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 12:45 AM by chakkarinen RSS

New Router/SlingBox Problem

arcacar9

OK, first, I am a tech who has helped set-up a new router for a friend. He purchased a NetGear WNDR3400 wireless Duel Band router. Everything connects up great and all is great untill the next time we try to log into his router. At that time his router tells us that the SlingBox has controll of the router and we can not change any settings. The only way to access the router from his desktop PC is to re-set the router and start over with the set-up. Have done this three times and get the same results the next time we try and access the router. SlingBox is a Pro-HD hard wired to the router.

• Re: New Router/SlingBox Problem
          chakkarinen Apprentice

So, I understand that when your friend opens a browser window on his desktop PC and attempts to connect to http://192.168.1.1, he does NOT get the login screen for his router? If that's the case, then I would suggest turning off the SB, disconnecting it completely from the router, and reset the router to its default (original out of the box) condition.  Then set up the router with the PC and confirm that the router is correctly giving a dynamic IP to the computer.   Then, with the PC, program the router to assign the static IP address 192.168.1.254 to the MAC ID address of the SB.   Then program the router to forward port 5001 to that static IP address for both the TCP and UDP protocols.   Then, turn off the router, connect up the SB's ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the router, then power up both the router and the SB and see if your run the setup routine for the SB.