4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 5:11 PM by allmac RSS

Manual firmware download

chislett

Hi

I have the exact split up screen problem described in this article - http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-005739.html

I'm running the latest firmware and it states the solution is to upgrade or reinstall the latest version.  The only way I can find to re-install the latest is manually if I have the file - Where can I download the actual firmware binaries for a manual install?

Thanks!

• Re: Manual firmware download
          Apprentice

Hi, chislett

I understand that you are having soem issues with your Slingbox PRO-HD since the TV picture is split up.

As stated on the same link, we recommend you to reinstall the latest firmware version one more time. Just make sure to apply this process when at the Slingbox location. The following link will provide you with the steps to follow.

How do I update the Slingbox Software (firmware) on my Slingbox?

If the issue persists, I recommend you to reset the Slingbox and run the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing using a different A/V source. The following links will provide you with further details.

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing

Let us know how it works for you.

Regards

chislett

Hi

If you already have the latest firmware update the automatic slingbox firmware update will not reinstall the same firmware again.  That link does not apply to slingboxes running the latest firmware.

Resetting my sling box to factory settings is a HUGE pain as I would need to manually retune my picture settings which took considerable time. I would like to avoid that at at all costs.

The solution given is to reinstall the lastest firm ware, and the only way to do that is to get a copy of the firmware to do a manual update.  Where can I download the lates firmware update file so I can manually update my slingbox?.   If sling media will not make those files available for download then I will ask for a correction to the article to remove reinstalling the   firmware as a solution - as while it may be a solution, if it's not possible for a user to do, it shouldn't be listed as an answer.

Thanks

woodjosiah

I'm having the exact same issue, and I'm getting very discouraged. That link is of no help, for the same reason mentioned by the OP. And why should I have to resort to using different inputs? Thats less than ideal. Why can't you guys simply make a product that has working inputs and ouputs like every other set top box/tv?