4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2012 12:08 PM by Renie RSS

I want to watch my iPad sling on my hotel tv...

davidiverson

Up until a few weeks ago I could do it using the a/v cables and running them to an input on the tv. Lately, I can only get the sound to go to the tv. The video won't go. I know it's not my connection since it works with other videos on my iPad. Any ideas.

• Re: I want to watch my iPad sling on my hotel tv...
          Apprentice

Hi davidiverson, if you are having issues to get the video in your TV, make sure that your Slingplayer is configured properly, all the confuration details are in the article below.

SlingPlayer for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad now offers a TV-out feature

Regards.

davidiverson

Thanks Rafael

I appear to have it set up right.

There is a glitch - but a very consistent one. It never works initially. But, there is a routine I discovered that makes it work. When I first hook it up and try it, only sounds comes through the TV (the picture stays on the ipad). Then, I close out of sling and open up Videos. I open a video and play it and it plays perfectly on the tv. I then close out of Videos and go back into sling and when I open sling the picture and sound are both there. I have tried this on three different TVs.

Dave

Renie

Hello, I am having the same issue here but the trick about opening a video (which works fine from itunes and netflix), closing it and going back to slingbox is not working for me. I have the pro-hd unit, ipad 2 and the official apple cords but can not get video onto a hotel or even home tv using the cord. I only get audio. Slingbox tells me it is has the most current update and I have checked and re-checked the set up instructions in the support section for getting video/audio out of the ipad2 and the set up looks correct.  Anyone have anything else I can do or check?

Renie

An Update....Kept messing with this trying to figure it out because it was making me nuts. Ultimately, after going over and over the settings as described on the output link, I uninstalled sling player from my ipad2 and reinstalled it and now it works!   Dont know why or how or what I did differently but it works so there is hope for those of you still struggling with it. Too bad it wont "just work" but like I said, it does finally work which will make traveling much nicer!