2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2011 11:47 AM by ranaleon RSS

Pro-hd washed out video

Jrstraka

I'm trying to find out why I would have a washed out image as seen below?

Slingbox PRO-HD

component connection

AT&T UVerse TV & Internet

Slingplayer on MAC and iPad

I also cannot get the remote to load! I have redownloaded the IR data several times.

Screen Shot 2011-11-24 at 9.06.26 PM.png

Thanks,

Jim

• Re: Pro-hd washed out video
          chakkarinen Apprentice

Very strange ...   I had a problem like that with the image on an LCD HD TV, which was traced to a failed component in the TV.   But the signal going to the SB should not be affected in such circumstances.   Do you get the same washed-out image when viewing your SB on another computer?   Or when accessing the SB via a web browser instead of the Slingplayer application?    I am wondering if the problem could be a failing component in your computer, or possibly a problem with one of the 3 video component cables connecting your cable box to the SB input side, so that the video signal coming in to the SB is corrupted.

• Re: Pro-hd washed out video
            Apprentice

Hi, Jrstraka

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO-HD since the video signal is "washed out".

As a first step, I recommend you to verify if all the video cables (red, green and blue for Component or the yellow one for Composite) are properly connected. If they are, I also recommend you to use a different set of cables in order to narrow down the possible root cause for this issue.

You can also check this link in order to get further details that might help you to fix this issue.

When I watch, the colors are all wrong

Regards