2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 12:07 PM by carlhartmann Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Boxee App Will Not Allow Me to Access DVR

kingslinger

I have a slingbox pro hd with fios multi-room dvr. I see the DVR button in the Boxee app, but the app won't let me click it. Maybe this is because the software thinks I don't have a DVR, but if it would just let me click the DVR button, I would be able to access my DVR...

• Re: Boxee App Will Not Allow Me to Access DVR
          Apprentice

Hi, kingslinger

It seems that you are having some issues with the SlingPlayer for Boxee box application since you cannot control your DVR.

Most of the times, this common error is related to a wrong selection of the TV source on the initial set up. If you have a DVR, you must select the DVR or PVR options on the drop down menu in order to pull up the DVR features when running the application.

With this in mind, I recommend you to run the TV source configuration on your Slingbox one more time and make sure to select the specific make and model under the DVR or PVR tab. Make sure to follow this recommendation and let us know how it works for you.

Regards

• Re: Boxee App Will Not Allow Me to Access DVR
              carlhartmann

UPDATED 12/15/2011 : It is still at  "third level support" -- no calls or communications -- I will report back

UPDATED 12/6/2011 : I called tech support with my case number -- they now say it has been been elevated tp "third level support and I should hear from them -- I will report back

Hi:

I bought the Boxee for the Sling application -- and only the Sling.

I'm having the same problem exactly.  But with DVR and GUIDE...I can see the picture and get sound -- and get all of the control buttons 'lit up' except DVR and GUIDE.

It works fine with both computer (windows) and iphone applications.

I just spent two hours on the phone with SLING tech support -- which I have always found to be great. . .and they were VERY complete.  They linked into my computer and logged on to the slingbox through it. . .worked fine.  Then had me re-losd and re-boot both the Boxee and the sling. . .still no remote.

Then, they used my sling account to log onto my box from a Boxee they had there -- and tried to re-configure my sling.  No success.

So now it have been 'elevated to the second level' and I've been given a case number.  I will report back on how it is going.  I did tell them about the several postings here decsribing the same problem.

I will say in the past they have always found a solution.  I even paid for support ($32.00 for an incident) when I had a problem about a year ago.

I live in the Virgin Islands and have the slingbox (Pro-HD) in an apartment in New York City.  (FIOS in NYC)  It is a godsend and I love it.

The picture and sound quality are quite good even though our broadband here is not the best.

I'm hopeful that this will be as good a product as the others.

Carl