2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2011 5:49 AM by rlaurin1 RSS

Can not connect with Tablet version

rlaurin1

In the past the tablet version of the app worked on my Xoom over my home WiFi and on 4g.  Currently I am traveling and can not connect.  I can login but it stays at the connecting stage until it eventual gives up and displays a message that states to make sure the sling box is connected to the internet.  I can connect with the phone version of the app on the same Xoom on the same WiFi network.

• Re: Can not connect with Tablet version
          Apprentice

Hi rlaurin1,

I understand that you are having some issues with the SlingPlayer for Android Tablets application since you are not able to get the connection to your Slingbox PRO-HD.

The fact that you are able to get the connection to your Slingbox PRO-HD when running the SlingPlayer for Android devices indicates that the Slingbox PRO-HD is working fine, otherwise, you will not be able to get the remote connection to your Slingbox running the Mobile application.

With this in mind, I encourage you to test the connection on your tablet from a different network, since this issue might be related to any kind of restriction on your current network. Make sure to follow this recommendation and let us know how it works for you.

Regards

• Re: Can not connect with Tablet version
              rlaurin1

It appears to be only an issue on my inlaws WiFi.  Any suggestion on settings changes that would allow the tablet version to work on thier WiFi, or is it an issue with thier ISP?  They have Charter.  Unfortunatly, I can not try anything out now since they live 300 miles away, but I will be back there around Christmas.