1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 12:08 PM by carlhartmann Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Slingplayer for Boxee: cannot access DVR

kingslinger

I am unable to start a thread based on the issues I've had with the Boxee App.

I cannot access the DVR from the app. When I bring up the extra buttons, it does not allow me to hit DVR. Why is that?

* Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. *

• Re: Slingplayer for Boxee: cannot access DVR
          carlhartmann

UPDATED 12/15/2011 : It is still at "third level support" -- no calls or communications -- I will report back

UPDATED 12/6/2011 : I called tech support with my case number -- they now say it has been been elevated tp "third level support and I should hear from them -- I will report back

Hi:

I bought the Boxee for the Sling application -- and only the Sling.

I'm having the same problem exactly.  But with DVR and GUIDE...I can see the picture and get sound -- and get all of the control buttons 'lit up' except DVR and GUIDE.

It works fine with both computer (windows) and iphone applications.

I just spent two hours on the phone with SLING tech support -- which I have always found to be great. . .and they were VERY complete.  They linked into my computer and logged on to the slingbox through it. . .worked fine.  Then had me re-losd and re-boot both the Boxee and the sling. . .still no remote.

Then, they used my sling account to log onto my box from a Boxee they had there -- and tried to re-configure my sling.  No success.

So now it have been 'elevated to the second level' and I've been given a case number.  I will report back on how it is going.  I did tell them about the several postings here decsribing the same problem.

I will say in the past they have always found a solution.  I even paid for support ($32.00 for an incident) when I had a problem about a year ago.

I live in the Virgin Islands and have the slingbox (Pro-HD) in an apartment in New York City.  (FIOS in NYC)  It is a godsend and I love it.

The picture and sound quality are quite good even though our broadband here is not the best.

I'm hopeful that this will be as good a product as the others.

Carl

ps. If you have the same problem -- or find a solution, please post here.