3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2011 12:02 PM by Dan203 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

I messed up, any hope?

Dan203

OK so over the weekend I ordered an iPad. One of the things I was really looking forward to doing on it was using my SlingBox. In anticipation of it's arrival I ordered the SlingPlayer app and installed it on my iPhone 4S just so I could test it out and make sure my SlingBox was working correctly. (I moved recently and hadn't tested it since re-hooking everyhting) Anyway I got my iPad today and I noticed that there is a special HD version of the SlingPlayer app for the iPad, but I accidentally bought the iPhone version. I figured for the price you'd get a universal app that worked on both, but apparently not. I honestly have no intention of ever actually using the SlingPlayer on the iPhone, is there any way I can get Apple or Sling to convert my license to the iPad version? If the app wasn't so dang expensive I'd chalk it up to a lesson learned, but for $30 I'm hoping they'll be a little flexible.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

• Re: I messed up, any hope?
          dbsguy Apprentice

First and foremost, what slingbox model do you have; as the iPad version only works if you have either the Solo or Pro HD model. Any previous verison of slingbox including the classic, Tuner, or Pro model is NOT compatible with the iPad app; but will function with the iPhone version.

If you do have a supported iPad model of slingbox as mentioned above, you may be able to get refunded the iphone license fee and repurchase the iPad veriosn by contacting the Apple's Appstore and explaining your request.

Dan203

I have a Solo and the iPhone version of the app works fine. But I really wanted the iPad version. I just didn't realize there was a different version for each device. I thought all apps were universal and would just switch to iPad mode when used on an iPad. I have no real use for the app on my iPhone.

Dan

Dan203

Apple ended up giving me a refund on the iPhone version so I went ahead and purchased the iPad version. it's been working OK but I think my Slingbox might be having the capacitor problem now because sometimes I can watch for a while with no trouble and sometimes it disconnects every few minutes. And I know it's the box disconnecting because I can see it flash and reset.

Dan