7 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2010 6:45 AM by gnasr74 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Anybody have Pearl version working with new storm 2 .607

gnasr74

ever since the upgrade to .607, I cant get the pearl version working on the storm 2 anymore.  Does anyone know if there is a fix to this? thanks

• Re: Anybody have Pearl version working with new storm 2 .607
          gnasr74

unfortunatley i paid the 30 or 40 bucks to get that version a couple of months ago and although it wasnt full screen it still worked great.  i wish sling would just support this already.  what are they waiting for?

Apprentice

Hi, gnasr74

Thank you for participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum!

The main issue is that the BlackBerry Storm 2 is not included on the supported Mobile devices list. This means that even though you might be able to download and install the SlingPlayer application, it might not work properly.

The following link will allow you to get all the information about the supported BlackBerry Mobile devices.

BlackBerry devices and requirements

Kind Regards,
            The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

jSkiLLz

Please, is this ever going to happen in my lifetime?  I am probably one of the first 50 people to ever buy a slingbox, referred a number of people to buy them as well and yet me and my storm 2 are treated like second class citizens. Iit worked beautifully with my motorola q running windows mobile and that phone shouldnt even be said in the same breath as the blackberry storm 2.  This is just unacceptable.  I know that it would "work" if I used software from a different model of bb but I want to wait until there is an actual dedicated app specifically for this phone.  I'd gladly pay for it.  The fine people at slingmedia have indicated that this forum was the right place for such discussion, lets see if thats true and this gets some kind of answer or if it just continues to be an ignored and swept under the rug topic.  Thank you.

gnasr74

You are just wasting your breathe.  I actually paid for the slingplayer mobile and was working great, even though it wasn't full screen, and now with the new update it doesn't even work.  Now I am out the $30 and no slingplayer.  I am actually considering selling my slingbox on Ebay and just getting rid of the whole thing altogether.  I used it on my phone the most, especially for football games and now we are screwed.  I doubt they will ever get a dedicated app for the storm 2, so don't hold your breathe.

bighap

It is never gonna happen. I bought the original Storm and a Solo with hopes of full support. Now a year and a half later I have a Storm 2 and there is still no support. If you look at the list of supported devices, there are zero Verizon models officially supported. The only way the Storm series has a chance of being supported to some extent (hopefully fullscreen) is when the 9800 slider is released for AT&T, as it supposedly has the same screen resolution as the Storm.