1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 2:01 PM by ranaleon Branched to a new discussion. RSS

SlingPlayer for iPad doesn't work

ggladsto

I just purchased the SlingPlayer Mobile app for my iPad, and when I  attempted to connect to my SlingBox Pro (with HD) I got a message saying  my SlingBox is not compatible- which makes not sense since I have the Pro  with HD which was supposed to be compatible.

I purchased the app because I had been using the iPhone app on my iPad, and the HQ mode would never turn on and the picture was generally low res and choppy. I figured the native iPad app would be higher res.

I have no idea what to do now?

• Re: SlingPlayer for iPad doesn't work
          Apprentice

Hi, ggladsto

I understand that you are having some issues in order to get your Slingbox PRO with the SlingPlayer for iPad.

The main issue is that the SlingPlayer for iPad does not support the connection with legacy Slingbox models (such as Slingbox PRO, Slingbox AV, Slingbox TUNER and Slingbox Classic).

This application was designed to work with the Slingbox SOLO and the Slingbox PRO-HD, since these models are capable to stream the iPad's higher resolution. On the other hand, the HD Connect cable offers you the option to connect the TV source (cable box or DVR) to your Slingbox using the Component cable. It does not mean that you will get the HD signal on your Slingbox PRO.

In all case, I encourage you to check the general information about the SlingPlayer for iPad through this link.

General information about the SlingPlayer for iPad

Regards