2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2011 12:57 PM by ranaleon RSS

Slingbos does not work with Firefox 8?

ortiz13009

My slingbox was working fine with Firefox just a few days ago.  Now it seems that my browser is not compatable due to this recent broswer upgrade.

Any advice on how to get sligbox to work again on my mac?

• Re: Slingbos does not work with Firefox 8?
          chakkarinen Apprentice

I noticed this also.   But, after first veryifying that my Firefox 8 was up to date with the latest updates, I then went to http://watch.slingbox.com and when I attempted to login to my administrative account, the slingbox webpage gave me a message that an update to the sling player addon was required.   And, after following the installation instructions that followed, I was able to view the slingbox stream again in Firefox as normal.

BTW, the same kind of update was required to view my SB stream again in Internet Explorer.

• Re: Slingbos does not work with Firefox 8?
            Apprentice

Hi, ortiz13009

As I understand, you want to know if it is possible to get your Slingbox PRO-HD up and running with Firefox 8.

Unfortunately, not for the moment. Firefox for Mac computers is supported only on the previous 6 and 7 versions and at this moment we do not know if it will be supported any time soon.

In all case, I recommend you to check this link in order to get further information about the supported Operating Systems and web browser versions.

What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Regards