3 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2010 2:00 AM by Eddieb68 RSS

No lights

Eddieb68

I am sure I know the answer but any help welcome. This week we had a power cut and I noticed when everything else came back on there were no lights on my slingbox, I have since gone abroad and tried connecting with out any joy. I got the box powered off and reset but still nothing, fried?

Thanks for any tips

Eddie

• Re: No lights
          Apprentice

Hi Eddieb68, if the lights on your Slingbox are not turing on it could be that the power supply is defective.

You can purchase a replcement here.

Slingbox Replacement Parts

If you want to know what the lights on the Slingbox means just go ahead and check this article here:

All about the lights on the front of the Slingbox

If this doesn't help, please let us know. The more details and information can provide, the better we (the forum community and Sling Media) can help.

Eddieb68

Thank you both for your replies, on my return to the country I could hear a whistling noise coming from the power supply indicating it was dead, I actually had a spare supply from an old unit plugged it in and all working great again.

Cheers

Eddie

Denis247 Newbie

Got a spare torchbulb laying around?. Using a 6v or higher one the power unit should be able to light it up, under 6v it may blow the bulb, but that cost peanuts compared with maybe purchasing a new power unit unnecessarily.  It's not a good test of power supply capacity, but it will show if it definitley isn't working..