8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2012 2:14 PM by pantherspens RSS

Directv Remote HR22 NOT WORKING PLEASE HELP

jaf8024

EVERYTIME I SELECT A BUTTON FROM MY REMOTE CONTROL ITS GIVE ME AN ERROR ON MY VIEWING SCREEN ON MY COMPUTER ...IT READS -- THIS TV OR ITS CABLES ARE NOT HD TO SEE SCREEN GRAPHICS PRESS THE RES KEY ON THE FRONT OF THE RECEIVER UNTIL THIS MESSAGE NO LONGER APPEARS.. HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS MESSAGE PLEASE HELP IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED......BY THE WAY DIRECTV DID A SOFTWARE UPDATE OF THE SATELLITE BOX .. THATS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS CHANGE ..

• Re: Directv Remote HR22 NOT WORKING PLEASE HELP
          Novice

Hello jaf8024.

If you are not able to stream any video from your AV source, the issue might be caused by the cable connections that you are using to connect the TV to your receiver. Feel free to try the steps on the following link to troubleshoot,

When I connect my set-top box to my TV with HDMI connections, I can't stream video at all using any version of SlingPlayer. Why?

I hope that helps!

Regards.

gavinmac

I am having the same problem.  When I use my regular HR22 remote, evrythingworks fine.  But when I use my slingbox to control the remote, I can no loger access the on screen guide or my DVR list.  I am limited to watching live TV.  I am getting the same error message saying this TV or cables are not HD and therefore no on screen graphics.  But it's the same TV and cables I have always had. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

jaf8024

The reason u are getting the same error is because the cable box u are using is hd if u have it connected with RCA try to use component instead it work for me I hope this help it did for me...... By the way thank u for all the reply back I greatly appreciate it....

gavinmac

I think the probelm is that I have a slingbox solo and it i not HD and I have no HDMI cables to it.

The TV, the directv receiver, and the cables between the receiver and Tv are HD.

When I use my remote and watch Tv at home, I have no problems.

When I try to use my slingbox now (since the recent directv upgrade) I can no longer use the on screen guide and DVR menu and other on screen graphics.  They only appear on the slingbox now if I push the "RES" button on my directv recevier and lower the resolution to 480.  Then the screen graphics appear on my computer via the slingbox.

Obviously this is not convenient, becasue if I were at home and able to press the REs button I wouldn't be using the slingbox.  I use the slingbox when I travel, and now it appears that before leaving the house with my laptop I am going to have to reduce the directv recevier's resolution to 480 if I want the slingbox to access the on screen graphics.

This was not a problem before the directv upgrade.

gavinmac

Interesting. I called DirecTV and their tech support told me that I have to switch the receiver to 480 before leaving the house if I want to later use my non-HD slingbox solo to access the on screen guide on my computer. Maybe I can just switch permanently the red, yellow, white cables to red, green blue cables.

Jaf8024, just to confirm, are you connecting a non-HD slingbox  to your DirecTV HD receiver, and has switching to the red green blue cables solved the problem? You can leave the receiver at high resolution and still watch non-HD content on your computer via your non-HD slingbox?

Thanks.

gavinmac

OK, I fixed my problem. jaf8024's advice was spot on.  I found a set of red green blue component cables in the back of my closet. I removed the red white yellow cables and hooked up the red green blue to the back of my Slingbox solo and my HR22 DirecTV receiver. Initially this didn't work. No video or audio.

I went to this slingbox support page and learned that in addition to using red green blue for component VIDEO, I still had to keep the red and white (of the red white yellow cables) hooked up for AUDIO:

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-1000034.html

That page has good diagrams of what the setup should look like.

So I plugged the red and white audio cables back in to the slingbox solo and the directv recevier, to go along with the new red green blue video cables.  I started getting audio, but still no video. Frustrating.

Then I realized that I just had to go through "settings" and "setup assistant" in my slingplayer to reconfigure my video configuration from composite to component.  I did that, and now everything works great.  Audio and video (including the new DirecTV on screen graphics) to my Slingbox solo, without having to lower the resolution on my receiver every time I leave the house.

Thanks everyone.  I hope this report of my bumbling and eventual success helps somebody else out.