1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 9, 2011 11:11 AM by ranaleon RSS

Unable to connect on laptop away from home

jpayne1950

I recently purchased a new laptop. When I connect to the internet via wifi or 3g/4g I get an error message that there is a problem connecting to my slingbox. I can connect from my android phone using the same wifi and 3g/4g system. I have disabled virus protections and firewall on my laptop but still no connection, any suggestions.

• Re: Unable to connect on laptop away from home
          Apprentice

Hi, jpayne1950

It seems that you are having some issues in order to get the remote connection when using your new laptop, although you are able to get the connection through your Android Mobile device.

If you are able to get the connection through the Mobile application, this means that the issue is not related to your Slingbox, otherwise, you would get the same behavior on your Mobile device.

With this in mind, I recommend you to check this link in order to know if your computer meets the requirements for the Slingbox SOLO.

Tech Specs for the Slingbox SOLO

As a second option, you can also check if the security software is blocking the connectivity to your Slingbox.

Internet security and personal firewalls

Regards