1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 9, 2011 10:21 AM by ranaleon RSS

Digital cable only works when the TV is on

randrews4

Analog TV is working fine. Digital output from the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD cable box comes from the composite ports. When the TV is on, it works fine. If the TV connected to the cae box is off, then I get an error message that looks like it is generated by the cable box:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The set-top's HDMI port requires an HDCP-compatrible TV input. Please switch to a compatible TV input or do not use the set-top's HDMI port. If your TV's input supports HDCP, the HDMI cable may be at fault.

Dicplay Incompatible           Code: HDCP-019"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not using an HDMI cable. I got the same problem when I used an S-video cable.