8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2012 5:44 AM by wildecho Branched to a new discussion. RSS

URGENT: iPhone 4 Slingmedia App not working

wildecho

Dear Support team,

I have trouble using Slingplayer Mobile (version2.3.3) downloaded from App store for iPhone.

The story is, I used to have the older version of this app, and it works very well, but, when the update (2.3.3) is available and after I updated, it can still stream, but with sound only, no screen. 

Please kindly look into this as I have difficulties reaching your support previously untill now. 

I would like to know, if you can send me a copy of the older version of this Slingpayer Mobile app.

Regards

Colin

• Re: URGENT: iPhone 4 Slingmedia App not working
          Novice

Hi wildecho,

What I'm getting from your post, is that you're having problems getting video from your iPhone.

In this case as a first step, I would recommend to uninstall the application, then download back.

Now, before we provide more information, please let us know if you're able to get video from the computer, your Audio and Video Source brand and model, type of connections that you're using etc.

That way we will be able to provide a proper response.

wildecho

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Q1: Now, before we provide more information, please let us know if you're able to get video from the computer, your Audio and Video Source brand and model, type of connections that you're using etc.

A: YES, I can have the video and audio streaming from my computer, the source of internet connections is Fibre optics streaming at 2Mbps upload speed.  The machine is Slingbox SOLO, a successfully connected screen shot is attached.

20111115 slingbox screenshot.jpg

Q2: In this case as a first step, I would recommend to uninstall the application, then download back.

A2: I have already uninstall the application and install again.  Still has the same problem, streaming with sound only, no video.  A screen shot is attached too.  It is even worse now as I updated to IOS5.1, the application shuts it down whenever it is streamed.  Please kindly look into this.

20111115 Iphone Screenshot.PNG

Regards

Apprentice

Hi wildecho, I can see that the option HQ in your iPhone player is not enabled, this means that the Internet viewing is not set up properly, follow the troubleshooting link below to make sure that your Slingbox can stream in HQ, then the video issue may get resolved as well.

Troubleshooting SlingPlayer for iPad video issues.

Internet Viewing Help.

Network speed requirements for SlingPlayer for iPad.

Regards.

wildecho

Hi,

I think you haev went into a wrong direction.

The solutions you provided:

Q1:  Troubleshooting SlingPlayer for iPad video issues.
                      A1: I have nor poblem setting up my iphone apps, everything is in correct setting, the reason you cannot see the HD streaming active is because I have
                      a older machine that does not support the HQ streaming

Q2: Internet Viewing Help.

A2: I have no problem streaming from my laptop.  I can even stream from my IPHONE, the problem is I do not have video stream but the sound does stream perfectly.

Q3: Network speed requirements for SlingPlayer for iPad.

A3: As metnioned earlier, the upload speed from host is perfectlly suitable for all requirements.

My advise, please just upload the previous version of Slingmedia app for me, that will solve all current issues, and I do not appreciate wait for almost 2 month time for a useless FAQ when I clearly explained what happened and what I am requesting in the first place.

Regards

cjiwa Newbie

I am having the same problem where I get only audio on my iPhone, iPad and also watch at Slingbox.com. This is really disppointing. I never had problems like this in the past. Please find some way to fix it.

goofypal

My slingbox does not work on iphone 4 as well..The video keep breaking up on iphone 4 .... I have try to reload the program.. check the router... it works on my computer or wifi but when it is connected to iphone 4 with att network it has problem. Please help.. it seems to be working until the apple ios update iphone 4 was installed. Is there an update from slingmedia that is needed??

wildecho

It has almost been 1 month time since I last replied and I still hasnt got any feed back?

Can anyone update me with the new solutions on my issue?

or just take my advise to place the previous version of slingmedia on app store so I can continue to use my product