5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2011 10:10 AM by Fofo RSS

Slinglink Turbo replacement compatibility

jmartin147

I have a Slinglink Turbo 4-port system that's worked perfectly for a couple of years now, and unfortunatly, the box that connects at the router has shorted out for some reason. My question is:

What options are there for me to replace that single unit? Do I have to replace the entire set? Can I purchase the less expensive 1-port Slinglink and just use the half of the pair that I need to replace? Or can I purchase a Slinglink Turbo W1 unit that is commonly distributed with Dish network installations?

Any insight into how the boxes connect with each other would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

• Re: Slinglink Turbo replacement compatibility
          Apprentice

Hi, jmartin147

I understand that you need to replace a deffective SlingLink Turbo 4 port unit since it no longer works for you.

Since the SlingLinks Turbo (1 and 4 ports versions) are sold in sets of two units, it is not possible to get one of the units only. Now, you need to base your decision in order to know which one will work for you.

Just to refresh some information for you, I encourage you to check the following link in order to get all the information about the SlingLinks.

SlingLink TURBO

Once you have checked this information, I recommend you to check this link in order to know where to purchase the SlingLinks.

Online Store

Finally, I recommend you to check this link in order to get all the information about support and further details for the SlingLink Turbo W1.

How do I get support for DISH products?

Regards

Hi ranaleon,

I have the same problem. I have read your suggestions, however you didn't answer the question regarding mixing SlingLink 1-port units from different systems. If I purchase the SlingLink TURBO 1-port, will it work with a SlingLink TURBO 4-port from my current setup? If you can mix units then I can save $70.

Thanks,

Greg

jmartin147

If it helps, I think I may have found the cheapest solution. I took a shot in the dark and ordered a single SlingLink Turbo W1 from a seller on eBay. These are normally distributed to Dish Network customers but a slew of people are selling the device new on eBay and Amazon. After shipping the whole unit set me back around 15 bucks. I plugged it in where the burnt out box used to be and it worked PERFECTLY. The W1 started feeding internet to the existing 4-port SlingLink Turbo that I have in the living without a single hitch. I wish everything worked as easily as this. For $15, this is the way to go.

Apprentice

Hi 255909700794297,

If I purchase the SlingLink TURBO 1-port, will it work with a SlingLink TURBO 4-port from my current setup?

Yes, they both work in the same way, so you won't have any issues if you mix them. Another important detail to mention is that you can  expand your network and add up to 16 SlingLink devices throughout your house to connect all your devices to the Internet. You can find more information here,

SlingLink TURBO

Regards and hope this helps