70 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2013 12:54 AM by bkilit77 RSS

Anybody using Teledunya and Hiremco from Turkey?

bkilit77 Newbie

Hi,I am a new member from Turkey.I am thinkin aboutbuyin a sling player but i am not sure if i can use it with my home cable hdmi reciever.It is called teledunya OHC 1600C HD reciever(conax CAS Embedded High Definition Digital Cable Reciever) and manufacturer pozitek.Do u have eligibility for this reciever??Waitin for your answers..
      Burhan

• Re: Anybody using from Turkey Teledunya?
          Apprentice

Hi, bkilit77

It seems that you want to know if the Slingbox SOLO will work with the Teledunya OHC 1600C HD receiver.

Unfortunately, we do not have the IR Code that will help you to control ths device with the Slingbox SOLO. With this in mind, I recommend you to check the following thread provided by alanrichey42.

Read this first if you have an Issue with the On-Screen Remote Control

Regards

bkilit77 Newbie

Dear Alan,

I was always busy flyin(pilot) So didnt have the time.Now i am on it but still gettin the same answer.If u know another way to export it please let me know.And i have another problem.I am tryin to buy the slingplayer tablet android application but it doesnt let me.I asked google they told me slingplayer doesnt let Turkey to buy it.Do u have that application..I will be appreciated...

thanx

alanrichey42 Master
                Now i am on it but still gettin the same answer.If u know another way to export it please let me know.

Sorry, I still get an Export Remote option, no idea why you don't.

And i have another problem.I am tryin to buy the slingplayer tablet android application but it doesnt let me.I asked google they told me slingplayer doesnt let Turkey to buy it.Do u have that application..I will be appreciated

Sorry, I only understand remotes, nothing else.

bkilit77 Newbie

Dear Alan

First of all how r u?Long time no talk..I upgraded to a hd reciever called hiremco fx turbo hd.Do u have the code for this one?

Thanx in advance..

alanrichey42 Master
                        First of all how r u?Long time no talk..I upgraded to a hd reciever called hiremco fx turbo hd.Do u have the code for this one

Does this work ?

bkilit77 Newbie

It did not work.But it should have worked i guess.Mine is fx turbo hd..So should be workin may be the file u uploaded is a mistaken one.Can u upload it again if u dont have the only fx turbo model..But anything with hiremco brand will be worth to try.

Thanx anyways..

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, that's the only one I could find.   And please don't say "does not work", give me a proper description of what did or did not happen.

bkilit77 Newbie

Actually nothing happened.Pressed to test all buttons but nothing happened that is why i thought it was the wrong file u uploaded!I called the technical guys and they told me it is workin under nec protocol and if you programme logitech with the code 3571 it is working.And the manufacturer code is 80A8.(ıi hope this info atleast helps u alittle because i didnt understand most of it)

Thanx

alanrichey42 Master
                                        Actually nothing happened.Pressed to test but nothing happened that is why i thought it was the wrong file u uploaded!I

If you read the README file I say:  "...If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report the following:..."  followed by a number of questions/suggestions that I need replies on.   That is why I get VERY grumpy if someone ignores that

they told me it is workin under nec protocol and if you programme logitech with the code 3571 it is working.And the manufacturer code is 80A8.(ıi hope this info atleast helps u alittle because i didnt understand most of it)

Doesn't help, that is simply used for programming these 'dumb' multi-box remotes you buy at Radio Shack/Maplins...   I am working down at the assembler level and trying to analse actual IR signals and protocols.  It yes, it does use the NEC protocol and it uses Device Number 1 and Sub-Device 253.  I had no problems learning the codes so I have no idea why it won't work.

But as you haven't done what I ask in the Readme file yet there may be something there that is causing the problem.

bkilit77 Newbie

Sorry about just telling Not Working.My bad:( I read all the readme from top to bottom and applied all the things.None of the buttons work just not reacting.Afterwards i used the learned one which is double clicking and it is still double clicking..Any chance for my survival:( Still i am thinkin may be the file u upload is a wrong one since u have plenty of them..But just maybe..Hopefully something works pleasee.

Thanx

bkilit77 Newbie

No luck???

alanrichey42 Master

Give me a break, even I have to sleep sometimes  

Although I really don't know what you want me to do ?   I've said already that I couldn't find the exact model and that the Hiremco X3TurboHD was the only one that was close.   So if that doesn't work there is nothing else I can do. 

And as you cannot find out how to export your 'learned' remote I can't even work on that.  (And I can't show you a screen shot as to get that option you need to have learned a remote already and I haven't.  All I can say is that no-one else has reported not having that option and I have received dozens of LRZ files)

Sorry

Al

bkilit77 Newbie

My apologies for bothering u so much mate:(

At last i was able to export the learned double clicking remote.I hope this will work for u.

Cheers

alanrichey42 Master

And my apologies as well, I now see that while I wasn't watching Sling changed the button label from "Export Remote" to "Save to File",

That was a good clean learn and I had no problem decoding it.  Unfortunately it proves that the box does use the codes I used to build the X3TurboHD.

So I have no explanation why that Custom Remote will not work when it is sending the same codes as yours.

Here is another copy of the files so you can try again.  Make sure they are definately the ONLY ones in the \SBAV\ folder when you re-run the Video Sources setup routine to install them.

bkilit77 Newbie

No chance i am so unhappy now:(I erased the slingplayer and installed again,reset the slingbox it self and configure again,learned the remote again(still double clicking) but nothing works.The files u sent me just like nothing it is not affecting my slingbox at all.I dont remember how many times i erased and copied them  again and again.Maybe for a last chance i am sending the new learned remote just for fixing the double clickin issue.(instead of writing the codes by yourself)As an ignorant rookie i am just coming up with ideas just dont get mad at me:)

Thanx anyways:(

alanrichey42 Master

I can't do that I'm afraid.  That remote is produced by the Sling server in a proprietary format and they are the only people who can change it.   The only way to remove a repeat function is by building a Custom Remote from first principles the way I do it.    All I can say is that those 2010 files are definately transmitting the identical codes to the ones sent by your LRZ remote and in 2 years of building remotes for people I have never had a failure like this.  So I haven't a clue what to suggest,

Sorry.

bkilit77 Newbie

Sorry to hear that.Maybe it was never a good idea to swap dreambox for hiremco or buying this slingbox instead of a linux reciever:( Anyways here is the teledünya pozitec remote that u wanted from me earlier.Hope somebody else also can also make a good use of it.Maybe u can sen the two bin files for this one also so i can check if my all system has sth..Anyways it is not a must just do it if u feel like..You have done alot already and i appreciate that.

Thanx a million..

Burhan

alanrichey42 Master

Not such a good learn, but I think I got most of them.  In particular I had to guess Channel Up so that needs checking.

I've called then C2011 to avoid confusion (The Slingbox doesn't accept a C2010 if it has one already).

Any good ?

bkilit77 Newbie

It is really unbelievable and annoyin:( Teledünya is working.Mute takes u to program guide and the voice controls are not working but other than that it looks just fine.(channel up down and other stuff works fine).But why not hiremco:(I guess i am going to start crying:(At least i figured out sth even though it is not responding to none of the commands from your bin files it sees the signal i guess couse led indicater some how responds but no action..Buying sth like this and cannot using just sucks.I wish there was some way:(:(:(

Thanx anyways..

Burhan

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                  It is really unbelievable and annoyin:( Teledünya is working.Mute takes u to program guide and the voice controls are not working but other than that it looks just fine.(channel up down and other stuff works fine).

What is the official name of the receiver, so I can release this Remote to everyone else ?

What do you mean by 'Voice controls' ? 

But why not hiremco:

No idea, but clutching at straws, here is a rebuild using C2012 in case your Slingbox still has an old C2010 in there.

bkilit77 Newbie

Oops sorry i didnt saw this message i only read the one for writing to slingbox technicians.Anyways by voice controls i meant voice up and down key.This cable boxes name is Teledunya Pozitek OHC 1600C.I cannot believe somebody with teledunya from turkey can just get the files and go on usuing the turkish cable right away since it took me months:)Anyways is there an certain adress to write to slingbox itself for my double clicking issue??Looks like they never answer the regular customer service mails:(

Thanx Anyways just let me know if u need anything.(wish u fixed the hiremco though:(  )

Ps:Happy New Year

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                          Anyways by voice controls i meant voice up and down key

Ah, we normally call them volume control buttons.  In fact those commans are never sent to the actual device.  They are intercepted by Slingplayer and used to control it's own volume.

This cable boxes name is Teledunya Pozitek OHC 1600C.

Thanks

Anyways is there an certain adress to write to slingbox itself for my double clicking issue??

No idea, I have nothing to do with Sling.

Wish u fixed the hiremco though:

You could always buy an IR Widget and do it yourself   http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Create_Custom_Remote_Controls_and_use_them_on_your_Slingbox

bkilit77 Newbie

Dear Alan,

Ir widget over here(Turkey) costs around 170-200 usd!!It will be cheaper for me to buy a new satellite box or just buy an extra remote control and send it to you..Anyways i read the link u sent me and the variables i need to learn with ır widget is obc,hex and efc??I am thinkin about tryin to get it learned by a service who has this widget but need to now which variables i will be lookin for exactly??

Thanx in Advance

alanrichey42 Master

Ir widget over here(Turkey) costs around 170-200 usd!!It

No, that isn't what you want.  As I say in that article you can buy ONLY one specific IR Widget to use with the Software tools and that is hand0built by Tommy Tyler in the USA.  The alternative is a learning remote.

Anyways i read the link u sent me and the variables i need to learn with ır widget is obc,hex and efc??I am thinkin about tryin to get it learned by a service who has this widget but need to now which variables i will be lookin for exactly??

Sorry, no idea.  I only undersdtand how to do it in the way I describe, where the software tool simply walks you through.

bkilit77 Newbie

Dear Alan

A miracle happened.Maybe because today is my birthday .I was resetting and re configuring my sling box and reinstalling the slingbox app and finally crossed my fingers V2012 files just worked.All the functions are just working great.Only the red button is supposed to be functioning as custom key 16 but not at the moment but  no problem.I am just so happy now.My best birthday present.Thanx a lot alan..You r the man..

Thanx a million,just let me know if u need sth

Burhan

bkilit77 Newbie

Dear Alan,

Merry Christmass.It has been so long since i havent been messin with my sling player and just using it till now i just messed the cable tv opentech one that u gave me the bin files.I tried to reconfigure but which bin file i need to use because this configuration process now requires an exact path to an single folder???

Burhan

alanrichey42 Master

Depends on the type of Slingbox.   Simplest thing is try each one in turn.

bkilit77 Newbie

Tried both still getting "invalid custom bin file" message:( Where did my remote go it was a learned remote and u made it abin file but not workin anymore.The betaremotes site is not working either.My cable box is teledünya pozitek OHC 1600C as we discussed one year ago.Any ideas?

alanrichey42 Master

Yes.  The error message does not mean 'invalid BIN file', it means 'BIN file not found'.  I have been nagging Sling for months to change the message but they have refused to do it.   So basically the path/filensmeyou are typing in is not correct.

Where have you put the BIN file and what are you tying in as the path ?

bkilit77 Newbie

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV i put the both files in it(PL and RV) and tried to write the path no chance always invalid custom bin file.After i put the both files on desktop and tried path C:\Users\user\Desktop again invalid custom bin file.What am i doin wrong?

alanrichey42 Master

After i put the both files on desktop and tried path C:\Users\user\Desktop again invalid custom bin file.What am i doin wrong?

Not reading the screen instructions

You have to type in the path AND the filename, so you should be typing C:\Users\user\Desktop\S2010_PL.BIN for example

bkilit77 Newbie

Should i put the bin files in the SBAV folder too like in the old times?And as i experienced from your learned bin file 'exit' button is not functioning and for other buttons u have to press several times.Do u have a better bin file for Teledünya Pozitek OHC 1600C.Manufacturer Opentech.?I include the file from my learning beta remotes.

PS:It is also very weird they stopped beta remotes!!

Thnx in advance

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                                                        >>>Should i put the bin files in the SBAV folder too like in the old times?

Why make life difficult for yourself ?   I put them in the C:\ root directory so I don't have to type much

And as i experienced from your learned bin file 'exit' button is not functioning and for other buttons u have to press several times.Do u have a better bin file for Teledünya Pozitek OHC 1600C.Manufacturer Opentech.

There is no such thing as a 'better' file.   All the BIN file does is tell the Slingbox what IR Code number to send out when you press a button.   So from a software point of view it either works 100% or it doesn't work at all.   If you are experiencing odd behavior like having to press several times then that is something to do with your hardware setup, maybe the positioning of the IR Blaster ?    Only you can sort that out.   I can work with you over the missing Exit button but it will take a lot of work.

PS:It is also very weird they stopped beta remotes!!

Not weird at all, perfectly logical.  Whilst I don't approve, I think it was a very sensible decision by Sling.   The IR receivers they had fitted to the Slingboxes were obviously of inferior quality (lowest cost?) and they only worked for some of the time and were extremely susceptible to signal strength.   As a VERY experienced user I had lots of problems with it, I would hazard a guess that their support line was being swamped with other people having trouble.   There was nothing they could do about the poor hardware so the obvious decision was to remove the web site.

Cheers

Al

• Re: Anybody using Teledunya and Hiremco from Turkey?
                                                                                                                            bkilit77 Newbie

Ok Alan I will check my hardware and I will appreciate your effort if u

would be so kind on doing a bin file from what I sent u which has exit and

also live button functions if possible

Cheers

Burhan

alanrichey42 Master

No I can't.   It's so long since I did it I have forgotten how to do it.   We can ONLY do it by trial and error.

1.   What sort of Slingbox are you using ?

2.   Post the BIN file that 'almost' works.

Al

bkilit77 Newbie

I am using slingbox solo and thats the bin nearly works

Cheers and thanx in advance

Burhan

alanrichey42 Master

OK, just so you understand what we are doing.   There only 256 possible codes available for this box and so far we have identified what about 20 of them do from the existing 'almost-working' remote.    So what we need to do now is test the remaining 236

The good news is that the 20 we know about are all below 35, so I quietly confident that the Exit and Live TV buttons are also below 35 so we might get lucky.

The attached C2013_RV file uses all the missing ones up to 35 and takes us up to 72.   The ONLY button that has the correct mapping is the Power button so that you know the file is working.

So install this file, put your device on a screen where the Exit button is relevant, then tap each button in turn (including the 15 Custom Buttons you get when you right-click on the image and select Custom) and see if any of them activate the Exit function.

Then do the same for the Live TV function.

Let me know the results.

Al

bkilit77 Newbie

Alan Thanx So much

Here are the results

YOUR REMOTE KEY           REAL KEY EFFECT

Channel Down                     TV/Radio Swap key

Last Channel                       TV/Radio Swap key

Custom 27                           Favourites

Stop                                    Teletext

Display Info                          Sleep Timer

Digit 8                                 Yellow

Digit 4                                 Exit

Digit 7                                 Blue

Digit 2                                  Page Down

Yellow                                  Freeze Screen

White                                   Mute

Blue                                     Video Format(16:9/4:3)

Cursor Left                            Volume Down

Cursor Up                             Volume Up

The Bold ones are the ones that we are looking for fixing.But i would be glad if u could put tv radio swap key,favourites key and video format keys for any of the upper section keys(The ones starting with play stop etc).

Thanx a million

Burhan

bkilit77 Newbie

In one of your message u said the one i sent u is made with slingplayer servers and only slingplayer can change it??Do u think i can ask them to do that??

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                                                      In one of your message u said the one i sent u is made with slingplayer servers and only slingplayer can change it??Do u think i can ask them to do that??

Yes.   but don't hold your breath   I am not aware of them ever helping anyone like that.  I think Company policy bans their engineering/technical staff from interacting with users.

bkilit77 Newbie

Maybe if u can screen capture that export remote option and put it here or tell me about the steps to find there i will do my best..