3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2011 2:49 PM by ranaleon RSS

classic with s-video?

mikk

I configured my slingbox classic for composite input from a sat receiver with acceptable (just) picture quality when viewing remotely, attempting to improve quality I tried the s-video input which didnt work at all. I understand the classic's limitations but is this possible, all I can find in HELP is s-video can be used with a cctv camera without sound?

• Re: classic with s-video?
          Apprentice

Hi Mikk,

You need to connect the S-video cable to the Slingbox and then change the configuration of it to switch from composite to S-video, you can do this using Setup at slingbox.com.

Hope this helps

Regards

mikk

I've tried that a few times but nothing. The auto config for internet viewing worked first time for the composite connection, the only thing I havent tried is to manually configure my router, -port forwarding etc. but surely its not necessary if already set up for composite?

Apprentice

Hi, mikk

It seems that you are having some issues in order to connect your Slingbox Classic to your TV source using the S-Video cable.

First, you need to connect the Slingbox to your TV source (cable box, DVR or satellite receiver) using the S-Video cable.

Then, go to www.slingbox.com and select the Configure Video Input option. You should be able to run this configuration, just make sure to enter the requested information (make and model for the TV source, cable service provider, etc). This way, you should be able get the TV signal through the S-Video cable.

Regards