1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 14, 2011 9:12 AM by Josebrenes RSS

I want to use my slingbox while my family watches TV at home

Shaun318

I recently purchased the Slingbox PRO HD because it was my understanding that I would be able to use it to watch TV on my I Phone while my family was watching another channel at home.  I also realize that I will only be able to watch basic channels on my phone.  The problem I'm running into is how to make this work.

I read several answers to the same question on this forum, but none were very clear on how to make this connection.  Here is what I did and it did not work:  I got a splitter and connected the  coaxial cable from the wall into the IN on the splitter.  I then connected another coaxial cable from the OUT on the splitter to the IN on the Slingbox.  I then connected another coaxial cable from the OUT on the splitter to the IN on the back of my cable box.  This set up allowed me to watch TV on both my TV at home and on my phone, however, it did not solve the problem I was having.  When I changed the channel on my phone it was still changing the channel on my TV.

Does somone know SPECIFICALLY how to make this set up work?

• Re: I want to use my slingbox while my family watches TV at home
          Novice

Hi Shaun318,

What I understand, is that you would like to stream one channel while the TV is playing a different one.

I can see what you're doing with the splitters, but let me ask you. Did you try to put the splitter before the Cable Box and the Slingbox?

For example coaxial cable coming from the wall > splitter > 1 end to the Slingbox and 1 end to the Cable Box.

That way, you should be able to resolve that problem.

Regards.