2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2012 7:45 PM by chakkarinen RSS

Slingbox Pro HD (coax ant-in input)

jedigras

I just hooked up my Slingbox Pro HD and can't figure out how to configure the coax input.  I'm on a mac, and in the web setup it keeps saying

"

Which input do you want to configure?

No Video Signal

<Check again>

"

Does TWC NYC not broadcast any channels in the clear?  I'm pretty sure they did.  I think the problem is that the coax input never scans for channels before saying no signal.  On this site, the Support search regarding the ant-in or coax input tells you how to get the slingbox to scan for new QAM or analog channels via the Windows software, but there is no software available for the mac and the web setup seems to be lacking those options.

What do I do?

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD (coax ant-in input)
          jedigras

I found my answer on this forum:

https://community.sling.com/message/44239#44239

"

Jun 8, 2011 2:13 PM                                      in response to:                                     quita

Re: My ProHD doesn't 'see' coax TV antenna signal

In  fact the solution is that Slingbox programmers missed a step. If none  of the options to connect to work (they don't when you are connected  direct to a TV antenna cable) just ignore that page and continue. The  next page gives you the option of connecting to either a digital TV  antenna or an analogue one, and then Slingbox scans all available  frequencies just like a regular TV or DVR. Job done, and my slingbox  works fine. Good luck. Bill

"
          The problem is definitely a coding problem.  Disconnect all other sources before trying to setup the Coaxial antenna inputs.  When it scans all inputs and finds no signal at all, it will then allow you to scan for cable or antenna channels.  Then, once your are done setting up your cable input, you can reconnect your other inputs (Svideo, Composite, Component).
          Good luck!
            • Re: Slingbox Pro HD (coax ant-in input)
              chakkarinen Apprentice

I want to thank you for pointing me toward the solution to this problem of not being able to configure a coax input source in my SB Pro HD after having already configured an S-Video input source.   In my case, just disconnecting all of the cables before configuring the coax did not solve the problem, BUT disconnecting all of the cables and doing a hard reset on the SB; then FIRST configuring the coax input source, and then SECOND, adding the other S-Video input source did the trick for me, and now I am a happy camper with the ability to sling two different video inputs (although not both simultaneously of course).