1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 22, 2011 3:26 PM by Fofo RSS

3G connection with Android phone

fastralph

I have a Slingbox AV which works great when watching on a PC, but stutters when watching on my phone.  Is significantly better in SQ mode, stutters badly in HQ mode.

I know slingplayer mobil is not configured to work with the AV model, but the functions all work, just seems to have poor picture quality, expecially if I connect my phone to a TV via HDMI cable.  Would upgrading to a Solo or Pro HD model help with this, or is this just a download speed issue with my phone?

Thanks for your sugestions

• Re: 3G connection with Android phone
          Apprentice

Hi Fastralph,

You are correct, the reason why you are experiencing these issues is because the Slingbox AV is not supported to work with this application, it will not work properly since this is a very old unit, the system requirements of the SlingPlayer for Android needs a powerful unit, like the Slingbox SOLO, Slingbox PRO, or Slingbox PRO-HD.

Would upgrading to a Solo or Pro HD model help with this, or is this just a download speed issue with my phone?

Yes, the quality will be better if your network meets the minimum requirements,

Network requirements

Regards