48 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2012 6:26 PM by janwsk Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Error 0x92370001

iowadubai

I cannot currently watch online or on home computer, as I am told that it could not connect, due to Error 0x92370001, Context 20, Operation 110. My network and ethernet cable are working fine, as when I reset the Slingbox the network light flashes 5 times rapidly, indicating that it is communicating with the router. The Slingbox worked very well for almost a year. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the solution? Thanks.

• Re: Error 0x92370001
          ardennes

i am having the exact problem and eventually bought a new slingbox..same problem. i am concerned that there was a recent cable upgrade in my area.

mrap

I have the same problem, it was working fine from abroad two days ago but not anymore, any suggestions. Im still within the 30 day return return period so i may well take it back if this doesn't get resolved before then.

discollector

Same here.  What is the solution?  Mine has been working for a year up until now.  I've had someone unplug and plug the device 3 different times...

darkhound

Any fix available??

FernS

Used it yesterday, no problem. No changes at this end but now get error code. What gives? Too many people suddenly getting the same error message for it to be a coincidence.

SlingByrd

Same here; was just in France and two days ago it was fine, yesterday couldn't connect and back home today I cannot connect as well.  Same error message.  Also it doesn't show up as an attached device on my router.

nada2104

I'm seeing the same error and don't know why.  I hope we'll get someone from sling media support to explain what's going on.

SlingByrd

Well unlike everyone else, my issue went away after I unplugged both the slingbox, modem and router.  Not sure which piece fixed it but it's weird that it happened to everyone at the same time.  Maybe they pushed out some new firmware?

slingb0b

I also have the same problem, which started after May 12th.  I have a Slingbox Solo.  My ISP is Verizon FIOS.  I was thinking the issue was ISP related, but based on others having the same problem at the same time makes me think it's something else...

jchino89

Anyone figured this out? I can connect fine on a belkin pre-n router but when I try to switch to a linksys 300n running dd-wrt I get this error. Rather obnoxious.

msd

I have the same issue.....i guess slingbox has no fix since they have not chimed in here?

The slingbox worked fine for 2 years and one day about 3 months ago the network could not see it anymore.  The box is in Dallas and I live in Japan so I had to wait until I came home to investigate. 

eferz Expert

I think the problem with "Error 0x92370001" is that it is a generic connection error.  Instead of concentrating on the error, its a good idea to perform general network troubleshooting.

Stardog

Hi guys,

I have literally just got off the phone to Sling technical support.

I was having the same error code, no connection through remote or even LAN.  I mentioned that the power light on the Solo was alight but the network light was dim.  This happened all of a sudden, one day working, then next day nothing.  Hard reset gives no response!

After this discussion, tech support immediately said that it was a power supply issue and that changing that will alleviate the issue. Supposedly, the power supply is fine in a transient state but as soon as you request a connection the supply goes into an unstable state meaning no response from the Solo.

Fingers crossed this does fix the issue.  I will update in a few days once I receive the new supply and try it out.

Dgran

Have the same error report.  Started a week ago after using sling player for about a year.  Seems to ber a very popular problem as of recently.  Will try the unplugging of the slingbox, router and modem and see what happens.

Anybody have any other suggestions.  Am waiting for sling media to come up with a solution, as this does not seem to be a unique computer problem.

Dgran

In simple terms, I disconnected slingbox and reconnected and everything now woks well.

ama73

i am having the same problem.  couple of days ago it worked just fine.  I unpluged my slingbox solo, sling catcher, and router but it still does not work.  Did you ever get yours to work.  Please advise

thanks

mrap

I now think this is a general network error and could be caused by pretty much anything, including things out of the slingbox's control. I think restarting everything in the signal chain and then attempting a connection is the best thing.

I had the message again the other day after the internet connection with the router at the slingplayer end went down for a moment. Trying to reconnect using slingplayer caused the message to appear on pc-1 and i tried on another pc in the house and got the same message, I restarted pc-1 and got a message that the shutdown could not complete because slingplayer could not close, which was surprising seeing as I had already closed it. So it seems that pc-1 still had not disconnected completely from the slingbox hence why neither pc-1 or pc-2 could connect. Once pc-1 was off pc-2 could connect and then pc-1 could also connect after the restart. I didnt have to do anything at the slinbox end.
                                          (Note: i'm using the slinbox over the internet)

So like I said I think this is a general communication error, good news is that so far no one has reported it to be a broken slingbox.

eferz Expert

mrap wrote:

So like I said I think this is a general communication error, good news is that so far no one has reported it to be a broken slingbox.

lol... that's what said in an earlier post in this thread (https://community.sling.com/message/7183#7183)

Earl Fernandez wrote:

I think the problem with "Error 0x92370001" is that it is a generic connection error.  Instead of concentrating on the error, its a good idea to perform general network troubleshooting.

Any updates on this?  I've tried power cycling everything, that didn't work.  I've had this problem for over a month! I ran the test under the connection tab in options, and the test was successful.  What gives?!

shellymulhaire

Same problem here - this is no coincidence too many people getting this error. I am using the slingbox solo .Previously had the slingbox classic working for 3 years and never had this  0x92370001 error

***Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator***

Manta_Rai

Same problem here. Just bought my new Solo, installed it and everything worked fine. I went out of town and watched it just fine. Now I try it again and I get the error message that I can't connect. Nothing has changed since the first time it worked. I guess I'll just return it to the store as defective and try another new one.

shellymulhaire

Hard Reset  .... hhmmm a very safe answer. That was the first thing anyone would do - Already did that .. no joy . This is going to make the problem even harder to get to the bottom of . I asked my neighbour next door if i could connect to his router as I had picked it up in a scan . He let me and the slingbox connected succesfully and stayed on .Yet as soon as my sister  tries to connect to it from abroad it connects then looses the connection after about 5 secs.

And Sorry Administrator for not observing the rules but i did use astrix  when venting my annoyance at slingmedia for ignoring this problem

tsexton

I've used my Slingbox Pro from abroad for almost three years and it works 97% of the time.  Occasionally I will get this error.  I think I've had it about four seperate occasions now and I am currently experiencing it.  It is annoying and I have no idea what it is related to.  It appears to be fairly random since I can find no common link between the blackouts.  I have, however, never experienced this for more than a couple of days.  I read someone had it going on for over a month.  That seems to be a concern.  Mine keeps fixing itself after I ignore it...like most good problems.

But with me in China and my Packers playing the Superbowl this weekend I will be very upset if I get up at 5am and can't get the game.  Slingbox technical support....please chime in and give some advice to speed up the fix.

rwc

I am getting the same error on slingbox solo that had worked fine for two months. At first I was getting a slightly different error 0x927001 but now shows 0x92370001.

No changes have nen made to the router. Had someone reset the box a couple of times as I am in California and box is in Illinois with no luck. They powered up the cable box first, then router and slingbox last. I can not connect remotely after trying two different computers in two different locations that worked before. I tried using the watch feature on th slingbox web site with the same error. I read something on a google search that remote viewing may be turned off. As I am out of state I can not check the box setup to see if it has changed. Both the power and com lights are on solid on the box indicatong it should be connecting to the internet, Slingbox web site shows they have not been able to connect to this box since 1/20/2011. As I understand it they connect to the box once a day.

smurfblu555

I am having the same problem, and I am very frustrated, since it's Super Bowl Sunday, and I am outside of the U.S. The connection has gotten progressively worse over the past 3 weeks or so. About a week ago, I talked with my family over Skype (proving there's obviously no problem with the Internet connection on either end) and had them do every type of reset imagineable. It made no difference. It will connect for a few minutes or seconds and then just kick me off randomly. Tonight it won't even connect. I had less than two seconds of a picture the first time I tried to connect, but now I'm just getting the same error message everytime I try to connect. It's the same problem, both with the SlingPlayer and with IE9.

I remember having this same problem back about a year ago when I first got Slingbox, and I never did solve it. I ended up moving the box to a different house, which took care of the problem for a few months until recently. At that time a year ago I was still within 90 days, and Sling Box customer service was terrible, the worst I have ever experienced. I do NOT want to pay more money for the privilege of being patronized by unhelpful techies, but I don't really like throwing away the hundreds of dollars I invested in bad technology. Does anyone remember when Skype went down for like one day? Sure, people were upset, but the company handled it really well, emailing apologies to customers, talking to the press, and even giving away free Skype credit to those of us who were inconvenienced. And that was after one day of outages. It's amazing how Slingbox can have glitches that go for weeks or months at a time, which affect many customers (according to the discussion forums which mysteriously have several rounds of the same complaint from lots of customers right around the same date), but never admit any fault in the problem. They aren't even willing to help unless you pay more money.

So does anybody else have any ideas how to fix this problem? I've done the plug/unplug thing and the hard reset at least twice. If you don't have advice for how to fix this problem, can you give me advice for another product to buy which works more reliably and has better customer service? Thank you!

bharp1211

Okay! I have the exact same problem have had the slingbox for a year working perfectly worked yesterday and today ofcourse the day of the superbowl it's not working. no matter what I do...hard resets, restarts, unplugging modems routers , turbo and everything nothing works! Strangly I thought it was the sling turbo the turbo connected to my router is working perfectly all lights lit...and the turbo connected to my slingbox gets all lights but the network light even though I know nothing is wrong with the internet. And THEN if I unplug the turbo from the sling box the network light comes back on on the turbo so I think mine is either slingbox or my slingbox.... WHY isn't slingbox saying anything about this?? If this many people are having this problem at the same time it's obviously something going on....let's hope there's a solution soon......

darylkirk213

I have begun experiencing the same problem.  Any ideas how we can all make the company aware of this?  You cannot buy this replacement power cord anywhere and they are sold out online!  I think they are forcing us to buy new ones!!

mikencs

I've just had the same error on my Solo (12months and 17days old) also the dim network light. I tried all the re-booting etc. but no good. I then read the message about the power supply which reminded me that I had to buy a replacement power supply for my Slingbox Classic (this completely failed). The replacement has adjustable voltage so I set this to 5v (Classic is 6v) and the Solo is now running fine. I think the supplied power supplies are very suspect.

iancordiner

Well this is interesting !

Having read all the power supply issues with some amusement I eventually rumaged through the box of computer bits and dug out a couple of other power supplies.

The one I used was a plantronics one and 9 volt as apposed to the 5 volt of the one that came with my sling box !

Anyway with safety glasses on I plugged it in and ........

It worked !

iancordiner

The 9volt power supply lasted about an hour before conking out.

So I went and bought another from Maplins and hey presto it works.

SlingBoxMax

me too having  the same problem  today ......    a new  power adapter will fix the problem ?????

iancordiner

Here is the power supply I bought, although I suspect you may be able to find a cheaper one that is specific to the sling box elsewhere

http://www.maplin.co.uk/ac-dc-multi-voltage-4a-switched-mode-power-supply-48517

You need to make sure the voltage (volts) and current (amps) match.

Hope this helps

bratwurst

Well, let me throw my hat into this ring: I'm having the same problem with my Solo. Worked fine for over a year, and now I just can't get past this error. I've tried all the "power cycle, reset" options. My network can see the box, but Slingplayer pops up this error. From reading this thread, two things come to the surface. 1) The power brick may be the culprit, and if so, that's clearly a design problem. I'll see if I have a comparable power brick and see if that helps (and I'll report back if it does, or even if it doesn't. That'll be helpful, I hope, for others experiencing this sudden, odd, error.) 2) Slingbox support should be ALL over this given the number of people here reporting the problem. Yet, I see nothing about it (admittedly, I haven't looked deeply on their site however, that'll be my next step.) I spent some 27 years in computer support ("Enterprise level" support, but still) and I'm sensitive to companies that ignore widespread problems. Heck, my iPod Touch one day decided to die, I took it into Apple and tried to hand it to the tech. He looked at me as if I was handing him a bag full of used cat litter, and told me I should just buy a new one. Wouldn't even LOOK at it! This was my 2nd dead iPod, so now I'm the proud owner of a Droid X; "Buh BYE Apple!" I have no use for a company that really doesn't care about their Customers once they have their money. ($Rant Off$) I'm not saying slingbox support is terrible; I haven't contacted them directly yet. But I WOULD expect to see a formal response to what people have posted here.

bratwurst

Well, I promised to get back, and here's what I found. I DIDN'T swap the PS, that seemed too be a "last ditch" effort. So I logged into my slingbox account and found I had NO slingboxes configured! That made no sense, I can't remember the last time even logged into the account, it had to be a year or more ago, and the slingbox worked until recently so I know I didn't delete it, and why would I? So, I started from "scratch," did a hard reset on my slingbox, waited 'til it stabilized, reset my router (and hub,) and added my slingbox to my account. Then I used my SlingPlayer to go through the slingbox setup, again. And now it WORKS! However, I do NOT understand what happened. Also, I'm still unable to configure use of my slingbox over the internet. When the setup utility goes through it wants to set up my router/modem, and then asks for the user/password for it. I put it in and it said my password was invalid. I verified the router/modem password, but still no-go, so I went into the manual setup. It gave me the option of selecting the manufacturer (Actiontec, I use DirecTV) and model number, but my model number wasn't listed, so I went into purely manual config (IP address, port, etc.) but it still won't connect. So thus far I know the box works, I just need to figure out the right internet settings for it (something I stink at, admittedly.) This whole scenario is just odd. I used my slingbox last about 4 months ago when we went out to Portland, and it worked fine (playing on my Droid X.) And NOW I find it DIDN'T work, and it took a complete "new install" on my account and running SlingPlayer's setup to get it working on my local LAN. I don't understand how my slingbox was no longer registered in my account, and I don't understand why the setup utility kept telling me the login/password to my router/modem is invalid. Confusing as all heck, but at least I've made SOME progress. Hope this might help someone (just don't ask me WHY/HOW this all happened; I'm genuinely clueless! )

RML

Today I received the same error message.  It read:  Error:0x92370001 Context:20 Operation:10

The solution was to press the reset button on the slingbox and wait until the two red lights on the right-hand side of the unit returned to solid (non-blinking) lights.  Then everything worked as before.  Easy fix!

garders

Same problem for me with my SB solo. A few weeks ago I couldn't get the network light working, but a replacement power supply (from a Slingcatcher) and the box burst into life. I assumed it was therfore a power supply issue and bought a replacement PSU.

It's been working fine for a few weeks and then suddenly this error has now come back.

Very frustrating...

Ian

Travis1215

I did not see any definitive solution to this error message which I have received each of the last 3 Sundays. Purchased a UK Sling Box pro in October 2010, set it up in the UK no problem, and spent 5 months in the US with the system working perfectly every day. Have recently returned to the US, connected first time, no problem, then error message received on first Sunday. Had a friend enter my house to reboot my router  (did not work) then reboot the slingbox after which my service continued for a week and, on Sunday again, same error message. This time I had my friend reset the Sling Box to factory settings and went through a complete set up and, low and behold, the service worked perfectly again until today (yet another  Sunday) when unable to connect once more. Not aware that the power light is dim but will check and if unable to reconnect tomorrow, may well replace.  The loss of service each Sunday may be a coincidence but it is strange does any one have any additional ideas:

Error: 0X9237001

Context: 20

Operation: 110

Thank Ian K

Travis1215

Rebooted the SlingBox which did not cure the fault, however, when the Belkin router was rebooted connection was restored. May be something to do with the Belkin router because it replaced a faulty 2 year old Linksys unit approximately 3 months ago which performed perfectly the previous year. I am now going to contact Belkin and will report accordingly.

rodman2211

I re set both the routher and the Slingbox solo and I still can't connect!

Last week it was working flawlessly and now I'm abroad with someone helping me and troubleshooting where the box is and still havent been able to fix it. anyone having this issue lately too?

stancolleen

I read a lot of the earlier posts to attempt to fix the error code.  I unplugged everything, waited a minute, replugged the hardware and immediately restored the slingbox.  I was getting everything on the screen but the picture and now it is completley restored.  Others comments were very helpful to me.

Stan

Viel

Had the same error which made my SlingBox Pro unusable.  Doing a reset resolved the problem, but I had to setup my sling box from scratch.

janwsk

hey i change the adapter whith an other one same spects and wala works again