1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 19, 2011 11:11 PM by chakkarinen RSS

Urgent Help

dhlair

I have my Slingbox Pro working fine at home in the States, but now overseas trying for the first time on my buddy's PC at his home and can't get it to work!! Keeps saying "error in connecting" even though it does recognize my account and tries to auto-connect! Do i have to download some program to his PC to get it working? Which one?? Thanks for any assistance!!

• Re: Urgent Help
          chakkarinen Apprentice

If you are currently trying to connect through a web browser, then I would suggest trying the standalone SlingMedia Player software, which you can download for free from the Sling Media website.   If you are using the standalone SlingMedia Player, then try the web browser at watch.slingbox.com and use IE or Firefox as your browser.

What are the download speeds of your buddy's PC on his Internet Service?   You can check it at www.bandwidthplace.com  If substantially less than 1 megabit per second, you might well have problems in viewing programs, although you should at least be able to connect to your SB -- unless something has happened to your SB in the states and it is no longer online.