11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2011 8:06 AM by Vikingdon Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Solo Stopped Working

msuperstein

Got an update from Slingbox Solo, which I downloaded, then it stopped working.  Will only stay connected for 15 seconds or less before disconnecting.  Reset the box twice, same result.  The odd thing is that my Slingbox Mobile still works fine.

• Re: Solo Stopped Working
          Apprentice

Hi, msuperstein

I understand that you are having some issues with your Slingbox SOLO since it keeps dropping the connection and disconnects.

There are some steps you can try before reaching us through the phone line. We recommend you to check the following link in order to get the steps to follow.

Troubleshooting Slingbox SOLO streaming and network issues

Regards

divagrl

Same here, tried all the troubleshooting listed here on the site but still no results. It still says no slingbox found on network and the network light no longer lights up. It was working fine and was being found on my network until I did the update, it got up to 99% complete and said it had to restart and after that, it never connected again. I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't have done the update....

Ig27

Exactly the same here too.

Logged into my slingbox for the first time in two weeks and was told an update was availabe. Successfully updated the firmware and now I have no connectivity at all. Tried a hard reset but the reset button does'nt seem to be responding. Was working fine before the update.

Suspected a faulty power supply from reading the other forum posts so i gave my power supply to a friend to test on his solo and it worked fine.

Surely an automatic update written by sling media for its own product has not rendered my box useless?

divagrl

I have tried all the troubleshooting tips and nothing has worked. I even purchased a new power cable and still nothing. It all started after doing that update and as it seems, I am not the only one this has happened to. So I'm guessing the only thing left to do is call tech support? Is that what everyone is going to have to do is pay for a call to tech support after an update has caused so many slingboxes to suddenly stop working?

zed1zillion

Did anyone notice the "Announcement" on the at the top of the Support page?

ANNOUNCEMENT: Having difficulty connecting to your Slingbox?

• We're aware that some customers may be having difficulty connecting to their Slingbox at this time. We're working to resolve this issue as quickly as we can. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience. We'll update this notice when we have more information.

by Dana at Nov 10, 2011 2:00 PM

At least there is communication about an issue. It's not very specific, but at least there's hope for a fix!