1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 19, 2011 7:47 PM by richdimascio RSS

updated from iphone 3gs, ios 3.xx to iphone 4s ios5...audio only now

richdimascio

hello slingbox folks,

I just updated to the iphone 4s.  My old 3gs, at an early ios 3.x rev, and slingplayer mobile worked just fine with my slingbox classic.

I updated to the new iphone 4s with ios5 and transferred the apps via itunes.

Slingplayer mobile stopped working, giving audio only and it seems to hang up and stop and sometimes just crash.  I updated slingplayer to the latest version available in the itunes apps store, same thing, still broken.  I should point out slingplayer still runs fine on both the web and on my laptop, so the slingbox is working.

When will this be fixed?  all other apps are working in ios5.  I see a few other posts of similar issues with newer slingboxes.  I would consider upgrading my slingbox classic(I don't know why I should have to, mine works just fine) but I suspect this won't fix things.

help?

thanks

rich

• Re: updated from iphone 3gs, ios 3.xx to iphone 4s ios5...audio only now
          richdimascio

ok, I got things working.  I have a netgear router.  I deleted the port forwarding configuartion that was already there from when I set it up with my iphone 3gs.  The web based auto configuration on the sling web site then was able to create a new config and

I can now stream audio and video from the sling box classic to ios 5 iphone 4s.

I'd like to say thanks to the slingbox folks but since I had to figure this out myself and the only thing they would tell me was to buy a new box or pay them money to get support for something they should just tell you well......