1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 19, 2011 11:24 PM by chakkarinen RSS

Slow internet streaming since initial setup

isrligiant

I know this topic has been discussed to quite an extent but i have yet to find a viable solution.

After purchasing my sling hd and setting it up, I am unable to stream over 150kbps from either the windows client or any browser. assuming the isp is not the cause, what are the steps to fixing such an issue?

Set up internet viewing?

Forward ports? Which ports?

Optimize the box settings?

What else?

Thank you in advance!

• Re: Slow internet streaming since initial setup
          chakkarinen Apprentice

When you connect a computer to the same router that your Slingbox is connected to, and visit the website www.bandwidthplace.com, what UPLOAD speeds do you report?   If the UPLOAD speeds are not about 1 megabit per second or more, then you will have difficulties in streaming your videos at satisfactory speeds.   Those speeds are independent of any possible optimizations that you could configure on the SB.   If your upload speeds are less than 1 megabit per second at the location of your SB, then you may want to speak with your ISP there for their technician to check your line quality, or perhaps you would have to consider an upgrade of your ISP contract to a higher speed.