18 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2011 6:03 AM by satellitemark RSS

Technomate TM-5402 HD Remote Request

satellitemark

Hi all,

Could someone please help me with a remote for my Technomate TM-5402 HD satellite receiver, I have read the sticky & searched the two forums suggested but found nothing suitable.

Thanks

Mark

• Re: Technomate TM-5402 HD Remote Request
            satellitemark

Hi Alan,

Thank you very much, not sure why I couldn't find it, but I'm glad its available.

Could you tell me how to use the file & if it only works via slingplayer or will it work via my sling catcher too ?

Regards,

Mark

alanrichey42 Master

The reason why you didn't find it is that I just spent the last 30 mins building it for you 

The instructions are in the file. 

Once you have used Slingplayer to download it to your Slingbox all vieweing systems will use it.

satellitemark

Hi Alan,

I'm stunned,

Thank you so much for taking the trouble & using your time to help me, not many would be so kind.

Mark

alanrichey42 Master

No big deal.  My wife was watching a re-run of 'Murder She Wrote' so I was happy to avoid that

Please let me know if it works so I can upload it for other users.

Al

satellitemark

Hi Alan,

The remote works well, but one thing I'm having a problem doing is getting to the custom options, there appears to me no menu button (at the top as in instructions) the menu button half way down gets me the technomate menu.

There are only four buttons in there that I need to access (sat favourite tv/radio & audio) but they are important ones. Is there any way the unused page +/-  & the curve left & curve right (either side of record) buttons could be used to access these functions.

Thank you for all your help.

Mark

satellitemark

Hi Alan,

Sorry I forgot one, the "file list" button, could that be grafted to the unused white colour button ?

Thanks again,

Mark

alanrichey42 Master
                                  The remote works well, but one thing I'm having a problem doing is getting to the custom options, there appears to me no menu button (at the top as in instructions) the menu button half way down gets me the technomate menu

I assume you are using http://watch.slingbox.com ?   Unfortunately Sling removed the ability to use Custom Buttons in the browser version (inexplicable decision!).   So you will have to use the standalone Slingplayer.

There are only four buttons in there that I need to access (sat favourite tv/radio & audio) but they are important ones. Is there any way the unused page +/-  & the curve left & curve right (either side of record) buttons could be used to access these functions.

I can use the Page+/- but the other 2 cannot be used.  Again a bug that Sling have never bothered to fix despite me repeatedly telling them about them,

Your best bet is to design your own remote.  Because of both these problems I designed a self-build remote (all you need is a text editor) that allows access to ALL buttons in the web viewer and also Custom buttons on the actual remote.  Check out:  https://community.sling.com/thread/8533?tstart=0   Come back if you have any problems.

satellitemark

Hi Alan,

I tried it with the slingplayer (windows version) & the menu button was there as you said it would be !

My slingcatcher is in another country so I cant check it, can you tell me if I would be able to access the "custom" buttons on the slingcatcher with the slingcatcher remote ?

BTW I've tested with my windows mobile phone & all is well including the custom buttons !  I will ask my wife to test it on her android phone tomorrow & report back..

My brother will also use this file as he intends to buy a Technomate 5402 satellite rx, Its a shame that Slingmedia haven't taken your thoughts on board, as you appear to be doing their support job for them., I'm thankful that you taken it upon yourself to help newbies & the non technical out.

The instructions included with the files were very clear & I had it up & running in under 10 mins.

Regards,

Mark

alanrichey42 Master
                                          My slingcatcher is in another country so I cant check it, can you tell me if I would be able to access the "custom" buttons on the slingcatcher with the slingcatcher remote ?

Yes, when you press the OPT button they should appear along the bottom of the screen.   You will have the same problem that Sling won't allow you to rename them so you need to have a note handy with the mapping functions written on.

satellitemark

Hi Alan,

I looked at the other threads, but I think that building a remote is beyond me,

Would you be able to modify the file so that the page + button has the sat button function & the page - button has the file list button function. Is it possible for the last channel button to be remapped to become the favorite button as that would be more useful ?

Thanks,

Mark

alanrichey42 Master
                                                  I looked at the other threads, but I think that building a remote is beyond me,

Rubbish, it's dead easy    Here is a quick draft to show you, all I did was change some labels in a text file. 

Put the attached SPR file into :

C:\ProgramData\Sling Media\Slingplayer\2.0\Remotes\     (for the standalone Player)

C:\Users\..<User>..\AppData\Roaming\Sling Media\WebSlingPlayer\Remote   (for the Web Player)

(You will need to 'View Hidden Files and Folders' to see the C:\ProgramData\ folder)

Now go into the standalone SlingPlayer and select the Connect > Remote Keys menu option.  You should see a new Remote image called Technomate with all your buttons.  Select that and you should be good to go.

Let me know if you need any tweaks (or it doesn't work) or any help in doing it yourself.

Cheers

Al

satellitemark

Hi Alan,

I can report back, that the file you provided also works well when accessed with the android SlingPlayer (phone version).

I haven't had a chance or courage to do the mods you suggested, I will try to do them at the weekend.

If I mess it up, will I be able to restore it back to how it is now ?

Thanks,

Mark

alanrichey42 Master
                                                          I can report back, that the file you provided also works well when accessed with the android SlingPlayer (phone version).

When you ran the setup you actually downloaded the remote to the Slingbox so any viewing system will work.

I haven't had a chance or courage to do the mods you suggested, I will try to do them at the weekend.

If I mess it up, will I be able to restore it back to how it is now ?

Yes.  All you have done is add an extra remote image.   You don't have to use it, that is the purpose of the Connect > Remote Keys menu option.  At the moment you have the Default selected, this will just give you an extra option if you want to use it.

satellitemark

Hi Alan,

I'm sorry to say I stumbled at the first step ! , How do I view hidden files ? I'm sure I've done it before but I cant remember how .

Mark