3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2011 6:55 AM by juliajohn RSS

Connecting multiple Slingbox Pro HD's in series...

jones525

Greetings,

I'm considering the purchase of several (5) Slingbox Pro HD boxes and I wanted to see if my thought process is correct. I've discovered that multiple Slingboxes can broadcast on a single LAN via the post below by changing the ports on the additional Slingboxes

https://community.sling.com/message/1798#1798

What I need to know is if I can daisy chain the five boxes together with the sixth device being a display such as an LCD TV. I'm aware that there will be some signal loss, so I plan to keep the component cables as short as possible. Below is a simple schematic of what I plan to do...

CableBox Component out => Slingbox1 Component in / Component out => Slingbox2 Component in / Component out => Slingbox3 Component in / Component out => Slingbox4 Component in / Component out => Slingbox5 Component in / Component out => LCD TV

I only plan to display one channel (Sunday NFL Ticket) on all devices (iPads via the Slingbox app) including the LCD TV so different channels on devices will not be an issue at this point. The Gen2 iPads will receive the broadcast via the Wireless LAN.

So, am I missing anything? This project represents a large investment in technology, both Slingbox and Apple devices and I want to make sure I don't have an Oh S%^T moment once it is all connected...

P.S. One final question, has anyone watched Sunday NFL ticket via the Slingbox? I'm concerned about digital rights management, i.e. not being able to watch certain channels because of digital or copyright protection issues.

Thank you for reading, and I appreceiate all responses...