2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 4:17 AM by KaiB RSS

Slingcatcher and WET160N Bridge

KaiB

Hi,

Using a Cisco/Linksys WET160N Bridge to connect your Slingcatcher to your network does not seem to work.

I have a Slingbox Pro in Sweden, connected to a D-Link router by wire, and with port 5001 forwarded to the Slingbox's static IP-address.

Here in Spain I have a Slingcatcher connected to my network with a WET160N Bridge.

I have no problem connecting, from Spain, to the Slingbox, with Slingplayer or my Browser. I can also use the Slingprojector to display video from my PC to my TV via the Slingcatcher. But my Slingcatcher here in Spain will not connect to/find my Slingbox. However, if I use a wired connection or Slinglinks with the Slingcatcher, it will, after rebooting, find my Slingbox and connect with a stable connection. The remote then also works fine.

So I'm convinced the problem is with the WET160N Bridge, and perhaps other bridges as well.

I'm now waiting delivery of a  AirWire set, http://ubnt.com/airwire, I belive it works more like a Slinglink, but then using WiFi. I'll let you know if it works or not.

Kai

• Re: Slingcatcher and WET160N Bridge
          dispencer Novice

I have been using a Netgear WGE111 Wireless Game Adaptor for a couple of years now as a wireless bridge to connect a Slingcatcher to a Netgear WNR2000v2 router.  Works without problem -- even gets 70% signal strength through two concrete walls   It is set up with a static IP address.  The connection to the router shows up with the Slingcatcher IP and Mac addresses.   The speed is the same as that achieved using Slingplayer on a hardwired PC.

Are you sure you have all the correct settings on your WET160N?  Probably worth double checking.

• Re: Slingcatcher and WET160N Bridge
            KaiB

Just to let you know that the AirWire solved the problem. Slingcatcher can now access my Slingbox.

Recommended.

Kai