1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 24, 2011 10:05 AM by Josebrenes RSS

No audio on new Solo setup

martinkingston

Hi

Slingbox newbie, but having worked in the IT and electronics industries here in the UK for many years, hopefully have some idea what I am doing.

Have installed my Solo a couple of days ago and it is connected quite happily to my local LAN. It has a Sky+ (Samsung) HD box connected via S-Video and a Humax PVR-9300T connected via Phono.

Slingplayer was initially installed onto a dual core laptop running XP Pro (my preferred device for watching the Slingbox moving forward), but although I could see the video stream from both boxes, I had no sound.

I therefore installed Slingplayer onto my i7 desktop running Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) - again, great video (at least, to the standard that I was expecting), but no sound on either feed.

I have looked at both Slingbox's basic audio troubleshooting guide (which seemed to connsist of "check your cables") and other Forum posts, but nothing so far.

I WOULD have had a chat session with Tech Support, but the links to Chat from the support page produce "page not found" !

As such, any help or guidance greatly appreciated.