12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2012 7:23 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

no remote

rinkrat

I have had an AVPro for a few years working good with my Bell 9241 PVR, had to use the (Echostar)VP922 remote code. Now with new PC, I can't get remote to even show up,tried toggling the button to no avail.Even used my older pc and still get nothing.I have tried many remote codes, even looked in PVR and it is set at IR code 9, tried that code as well

I checked the sensors off the slingbox with a Digital camera and it  works.Running out of ideas?

amy help

Thanks

• Re: no remote
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

rinkrat

Hi,I tried it all, rest Slingbox, checked PVR for IR remote -its on, by going through the whole sling setup even with the remote not working, The remote Vip922 does show up but doesnt work, I even tried all the Bell codes and Echo VPs 922 and others,even all the custom codes,only goes to 19.

I'm thinking maybe the PVR but the UHF and IR remotes work???

starnge that it used to work-any other ideas

Thanks

alanrichey42 Master

All my ideas are in that that thread, so provided the IR blasters are actually firing, you have made sure the Remote address is right, the remote is not set to RF and the Custom Remotes don't work, I give up.

Sorry

Al

rinkrat

Allen this was frustrating so I bought brand new slingbox solo, a brand new Bell 9241 PVR, hooked everything up, used remote for echostar VP922, and I get TV but still no capability to change channels or anything with the remote.It does show the black pvr remote,

All new equipment, tried it on my other 9241 where the remote wouldpreviously work with the Bell 9241 and older sling solo.

I am thinking Bell sent out an upgrade to the rcvr and now the remotes with this (echostar VP922) no longer work, maybe they disabled IR capabilities?

Have you heard of others with the same problem?