7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2011 10:19 PM by dragonmas RSS

slingbox with window 7 64bit operating system

rupdog14

I have set up slingbox with windows xp and windows vista.  I can't get it to work on windows 7 64 bit operation system.

I have tried Internet Explorer 9 32-bit and Firefox 5.  Will anything work with windows 7 64 bit or do I need to load windows 7 32-bit

operating system on this computer? 

Thanks in advance

• Re: slingbox with window 7 64bit operating system
          dewdude Newbie

As a user of Windows 7 64-bit and did not have any issues connecting.

First, I'd suggest making sure you're using the 32-bit version of the browser. Some 64-bit versions (like the 64-bit IE included in 7), will not supportt plugins. However, you said you were having issues with Firefox as well, which should of installed a compatible browser.

I've been using Google Chrome and did not have the slightest issue in setting up, configuring, or watching my Slingbox. Have you tried downloading the SlingPlayer application? This doesn't rely on a web-browser and is completely compatible with the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

rupdog14

Don't know how you are using Google Chrome.  I downloaded and ran Google Chrome and

tried to watch slingbox and got error "We're sorry, but your current web browser, operating system, or combination

of both is not currently supported by the Sling Player plug-in."  Click here for more information.

I clicked on more information and got message, "there is no support for the Google Chrome

browser".

Also, when you say try Sling Player.  The only Sling Player I can find is Sling Player mobile. Is this

the Sling Player you are referring?

Thanks for your help.

alanrichey42 Master
                  Also, when you say try Sling Player.  The only Sling Player I can find is Sling Player mobile. Is this

the Sling Player you are referring?

http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us

rupdog14

Really don't know what to do.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  I have

installed slingbox on xp-professional, xp-home home edition and vista.  No problems.

I bought a e-machine with Windows 7 64-bit.  I would get error message "The connection

attemp failed.  Make sure the slingbox you are trying to watch is on, set up for remote

viewing, and not blocked by firewall/NAT settings.

Early this week, I tried sling player and after I enter password and click, it acted like I had

not done anything.  It didn't work.  So, I formatted hard drive on e-machine and loaded xp-professional 32-bit.

I have firewall turned off.  I download slingbox software and loaded on the -machine.  Logon to slingbox

and clicked on watch tv and got the same error message.

"The connection attemp failed.  Make sure the slingbox you are trying to watch is on, set up for remote

viewing, and not blocked by firewall/NAT settings.

I don't have a clue of the problem because my laptop and home computer both have xp-professional and I am

having no problem viewing.  Please advise.

Rusty

dewdude Newbie

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000204.html

I bet you that will be somewhat relevant.

If that doesn't help, and both computers are on the same network, then you've got some very bizarre configuration problem and it's unlikely any of us will be able to diagnose it. You shouldn't be having these problems, it worked for me, it's just worked for a lot of people...yet you seem to be the exception.

It's either your LAN, your configuration, or you.