1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 20, 2011 11:14 AM by ranaleon RSS

Audio question

Danno99

My video is working fine, but I don't have any audio at the moment.

Because the slingbox doesn't have HDMI or a toslink output, I have to use it's S/PDIF audio out, but should that go into my receiver?  And that's supposed to go to a digital audio 'in'?  That will make another problem as I have to assign inputs on my receiver.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Re: Audio question
          Apprentice

Hi, Danno99

I understand that you are having some issues with the Slingbox audio signal.

Most of the times, this issue is related to a wrong cables connection. With this in mind, I recommend you to check the following link and follow the recommended steps.

Slingbox audio issues: Basic troubleshooting

Now, if you are still using the S/PDIF audio cable, I recommend you to run the configuration for TV sources one more time. If you are using the web-based application, the process will recognize the S/PDIF connection automatically. If you are using the SlingPlayer software version, you'll need to select the audio output among the available options (digital and analog signals).

Make sure to follow these recommendations and let us know how it works for you.

Regards