I am now having the above stated problem.
Just two weeks ago we had another problem described in this thread: Part of that slution was to make sure virus protection was turned off when running SB Setup - that is not an issue this time.
I have read every thread I could find related to network light blinking and also all the referenced links they contain ofered by Slingbox support people. I have done all the troubleshooting recommended in those links. I live in Italy and my SB Pro-HD is in Florida so I usually have to ask my brother-in-law (BIL) to be on site to hele me try stuff.
Here are the facts: Checked all previously working router settings (reserved IP and Port Fowarding) and they are still the same
1. BIL has tried to reset SB in 3 ways we have been instructed by techs in the past
a. push and release reset button - basically power off and on
b. push and hold reset button for 30 to 45 seconds then release - the "normal" box reset
c. Push reset and hold - unplug power - continue to hold reset button for 30-45 sec - insert power plug then release reset button - called "hard reset"
2. Router power cycle and SB Setup attempted after each box reset - no fix - SB still cannot be found on network hence Setup dosen't succeed
3. Network LED on front of SB blinks continuously after each attempt
4. Checked seating of cable ends at both ends - they are seated fully
5. To double check we were able to use the that connection for a laptop and the laptop was issued an IP and accessed the internet with no problem
6. As stated in referenced thread above we had a battery store check the specs of the power adapter (under load) and found it to be in tolereance.
That was almost two weeks ago. I only mention this because there have been threads that point to the power adapter as the problem when symptoms like mine occur.
An Aside: In concept the service that SB provides is unique and very useful. As expats my wife and I rely on SB to provide a small connection to our homeland. We don't need it but it sure is a "nice-to-have" we were willing to pay just north of $250.00 for that comfort. However, in the past 2 months we have had nothing but problems with our unit and have spent many, many hours on the internet and phone with family and SlingMedia support diagnosing and troubleshooting connectivity issues. Honestly, I work in the computer industry and I have never seen such instability in any other electroncs product I have owned. So, the value SB provides is no longer that great since it costs us several hours of babysitting and tweeking just to watch a couple of hours of American TV. I try to be very detailed in my descriptions of the symptoms I have experienced so I hope that if SB techs do find the time to read this post they will try to find a solution beyond simply telling me to read a few links about blinking lights. I am here to say, again, I have read them all and performed the entire process, to no avail. Please, help me find out what is wrong with this expensive device because from the tests I have run it is not my home network, cabeling or my router.
I am a my wits end