1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 7, 2011 10:02 PM by edwardciliberti RSS

SlingBox Pro works well at home with wifi on my ipad 2 and iphone4 but

edwardciliberti

I just had Geek Squad install Slinbox Pro-HD to my 65 inch sony 2002 TV. The router was in a different room about 100 feet and also had the slingbox port installed where the router is located. I get my tv stations from direct tv very well on my ipad 2 and iphone 4 in the house with wi fi.

When I leave my home, there is no wi fi and whenever I try to get the tv on my ipad 2 or iphone 4, it says there is a lost connection or someone one is using the box which i know is not true and I am unable to get any type of tv connection form my direct tv. I also notice that there is only a 3g celluar and not a wif fi.

Did the geek squad guy from best buy not do the settings right?

I am unable to get any type of tv service outside of my home .

It works great in my home and just outside my back yard where I have wi fi, but any further than that, I cannot get any tv reception from either my iphone 4 or ipad 2.

Please help.

Thank you

• Re: SlingBox Pro works well at home with wifi on my ipad 2 and iphone4 but
          chakkarinen Apprentice

Sounds like the Geek Squad did not complete the setup of your new SB to stream the signal over the Internet through your modem.   But did get your SB connected to your Local Area Network -- i.e., internal to your router's controlled connections -- so you can view it when the viewing device is directly connected to your router.   Did the G.S. program your router to assign a static IP address to the SB?  did the G.S. program the router to forward port 5001 to that static IP address?   Did the G.S. then reboot the router and the SB, and then visit support.slingbox.com to verify that the Internet Setup is reported to be complete for your new SB?