1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 7, 2011 1:14 AM by GeneM RSS

Using SLing Box with FreeBox HD in France

GeneM

I currently utilize both a solo and Pro HD in US . I successfully view via sling catcher, PC & Ipod when in France.  Now I want to hook up French TV and view when in US.  Can I utilize either my Solo or Pro HD from the states to hook-up in France?

Does the slingbox currently include a set-up option for FreeBox HD in France?

The output of the Freebox has what I believe is a proprietary out feed plug which goes to a scart plug for connecting to a TV.  I am assuming that I can get a converter from Scart to component and use audio RGB leads that also come from this cable.  Has anyone else done this successfully?

Thanks

GeneMark

• Re: Using SLing Box with FreeBox HD in France
          alanrichey42 Master
          I currently utilize both a solo and Pro HD in US . I successfully view via sling catcher, PC & Ipod when in France.  Now I want to hook up French TV and view when in US.  Can I utilize either my Solo or Pro HD from the states to hook-up in France?

Yes.  Obviously the tuner in the Pro-HD will be usless, so it is best to use the Solo.

Does the slingbox currently include a set-up option for FreeBox HD in France?

Not on a US box, but I have built a Custom Remote at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7952

The output of the Freebox has what I believe is a proprietary out feed plug which goes to a scart plug for connecting to a TV.  I am assuming that I can get a converter from Scart to component and use audio RGB leads that also come from this cable.  Has anyone else done this successfully?

Most people in the UK    But I suspect you will actually need a SCART to Composite (not component) adaptor.  Something like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/scart-phono-s-vhs-adaptor-35931

Al