1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 2:14 PM by ranaleon RSS

Slingbox Pro-HD BEX ERROR

Vanram

When viewing a Slingbox Pro-HD on a desktop computer away from home that I use often the application crashes. I can view it fine on a desktop at home, on my laptop, on my iphone app, and on my ipad app.  It only crashes on the desktop away from from home. I testes a different desktop on the same network and crashes on that computer as well. I have reset my Slingbox, unistalled and re-installed Active X, and tried it on Firefox. I have also tried it on both IE 9 and 8. It is a common error I have seen before on these posts regarding data exection prevention closing suspicous add-ons, but I have tried all the potential fixes and I am out of ideas. It is also only my Slingbox that seems to be having issues on this network. A friend can log into their Slingbox Solo just fine. Below is the error message:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BEX

Application Name:                             iexplore.exe

Application Version:                           8.0.7601.17514

Application Timestamp:                     4ce79912

Fault Module Name:                          StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version:                        0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:                  00000000

Exception Offset:                                006c0061

Exception Code:                                  c0000005

Exception Data:                                   00000008

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                  0a9e

Additional Information 2:                  0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3:                  0a9e

Additional Information 4:                  0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any suggestions?

• Re: Slingbox Pro-HD BEX ERROR
          Apprentice

Hi, Vanram

I understand that you are having some issues when connecting to your Slingbox PRO HD, since the application crashes. However, the application works fine on any other supported device (including iPhone and iPad applications).

Even though this is not a common error message, it seems that the issue is related to the web browser in use on that specific computer. If the issue was related to the Slingbox, you would get the same behavior on all of the other devices.  
          With this in mind, I recommend you to check both of the following links in order to know the requirements for the Slingbox PRO HD and the supported web browser versions.

Tech Specs for the Slingbox PRO HD

What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Regards