9 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2012 3:49 PM by wldczy Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Could Not Complete Android License Check

zb1

Since updaing to the latest release on SlingPlayer for Android, I've been getting this error message when starting up my Mobile Slingplayer.  I have a valid license (as you can see) and don't understand why I have to log into my google account on my phone to constantly validate this license.  What is causing this and why?  Up until recently I've never had this problem.

• Re: Could Not Complete Android License Check
          funnelcakejoe

I've just got a galaxy s2 and I can't even get into the app. Keeps trying to validate the license and it can't connect

"Sling player could not complete license check. Please make sure your phone is connected to the internet and you sign into your android market client on your device"

I am always both connected to the internet and android market...what the heck is up...did I just waste $30?

dollface

I knew my post to you was going to be deleted, Sling doesn't like when you say anything bad about them. Luckily I screenprinted my posting and have it on my computer. Sling, you really should let people speak their peace.

ultraspaz

This is a reply to an old post. Had same problem on Motorolla Razr. Slingplayer worked fine for months but suddenly recieved Anroid License check error. Could not find solution that worked in forums so I tried to find my own solution. I finally fixed the problem by going to the Android Market and finding the Slingbox application. If you have installed it before, the application will show as being  "installed". Uninstall the application then re-install it. Problem fixed.

ACC295314

Thanks for the answer.  Your solution worked for me.  Apparently there is a bug in the software that will log out the phone but will not offer another login unless the software is reinstalled.  They should at least allow a login screen to appear instead of logging into the App Market because the phone does not offer a logout feature to be able to login again.  The saddest part is I could not get any help with Slingmedia online chat unless I paid for it.  A bug that is apparently already in the software should not require payment to fix problems caused by the bug.

wldczy

I tried deleting and reinstalling the program. It worked fine on my EVO 3D but on my EVO 4G I get the message that "the email ID or password you entered is not valid. please try again." its the same account, just different phones. worked fine till just days ago. Im stumped. Any suggestions??

ACC295314

You need to contact Slingmedia and ask, but I believe they only allow a subscription for Slimgmobile to be applied to only one mobile device.  I could be wrong, but I believe that could be your problem.  Give them a call to ask to be sure.

wldczy

I purchased a $30.00 app for my EVO 3D and another one for the EVO 4G. The 3D had the "license check" issue a few weeks ago. I deleted the app and redownloaded with no problem. The 4G started with the same problem last week. I tried the same remedy but when I try entering my sling account name and password into the 4G, Im told one or the other is incorrect. Its not incorrect. And yes, I know I can only watch one or the other at one time, not both. I still should be able to set the account up in the phone.  I apologies for not being more specific in my first post.