2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2011 6:10 PM by jpb108 RSS

Can Slingbox Tuner still be used for anything?

jpb108

I have a Slingbox Tuner and I bought the digital converter box recommended by your support team, but I haven't' figured out how this will work.  If it works at all, will it broadcast more than the channel the box is set to?

All I can find on your site is that it can only be connected to my basic cable.  What exactly is meant by "basic?"  We have a basic package, but all signals are digital and require set top boxes.

Assuming that it will no longer work to allow remote viewing, is there another function that I might find useful in the house, or should I toss it?

thanks

• Re: Can Slingbox Tuner still be used for anything?
          got2bz1 Newbie

rig it through the digital to analog converter box supplied by your cable company.  the boxes were free of charge to accomodate older TVs when cable went from analog to digital.  you will be able to get channels 1-99.  only con is that your remote will not work.  you will have to change stations using the remote with the converter box.

• Re: Can Slingbox Tuner still be used for anything?
              jpb108

hey thanks.  I do have one of the converter boxes around.  Now I will have to maintain a good relationship with those at home so they will change the channel when I call!  In reality I just use it for football when I am traveling.  So long as I remember to leave it on the correct channel before I leave I should be good to go.  Much appreciated.