4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 7:06 PM by Spurlocksling RSS

Slingplayer will not find the slingbox.

Spurlocksling

Slingplayer will not find the slingbox.  All lights are on.  Have reset it.  Deleted program and reinstalled.  Still won't find it.  Did change router.  What can I do?

• Re: Slingplayer will not find the slingbox.
          mloyd

I have same issue after AT&T changed my router.  Did you get any answers that worked for this issue that may help me?

Thanks in advance......

leeg2205

Same here, moved homes, changed routers (network), can't find the sling box pro on the new network.  Deleted the slingbox which was on the old network thinking this would be a straight forward add new one but alas no joy.....

jfaux

I was watching a recording off of my Direct TV DVD recorder just fine. I mistakenly hit the power off button on the on screen remote. After that nothing. I called home and at first my Direct RV DVD recorder had been turned off, nothing else. When the Direct TV DVD recorder was turned back on and ever since then my slingbox cannot be found on my network even though everything looks fine at home. I am thinking there is some sort of glitch in my profile on the Slingbox Servers that needs to be reset or taken care of because it went off while a recording was being viewed.

Anyone there at the SLINGBOX SERVER SWITCH that can take care of this problem Slingbox? I am still out of the country, I can log in fine but my slingbox cannot be found even though the correct slingbox shows up as being mine with all the details of my account. The last time when I accessed it and when the problem occurred was on 9/24/2011.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurlocksling

I figure out how to reset the Slingbox pro and get it see the new router.  There is a reset button on the back of the box near were the powercord plugs in.  Hold it in for 15 seconds.  Make sure the Slingplayer program is closed on your computer.  Then make sure the red lights are not flashing but a solid red light after you have let go of the button.  Then open slingplayer program, and it will have you setup assistant come up and you put information in as a new user.  It goes through all the questions.  Then it finds the new router.  I can use my slingbox once again.   I am very excited.  I found the information in the help section on reseting my forgotton password.